• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where would you hide if you were a budgie?

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
He had said he heard faint chirping days ago. Why didn't he follow it? Oh blazes this is not looking good :sad8::no::sad14:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I just have a sick feeling in my stomach and I'm really really hoping I'm wrong.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
:sad1:

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Please be okAy little fella!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I feel terrible about this. I just can't understand how much furniture and things there must be to not be able to look under, behind etc.

Are your cabinets in the kitchen up against the wall with no space behind?

Hope you find your little one.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Think radiators also - behind, in between.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I have an update but it is not a very positive one.

I have not been able to find Lenny. I have moved the fridge, the stove, and have taken everything out of the closet. I am totally clueless as to where he could be. I have found no feathers, nothing knocked down from my table or counters, no sign of an attack whatsoever.

My one fear is this, if he was alive my cats would have been on the alert, meaning that they would have been surrounding the area where they heard him. But if he was dead they would have surrounded his body as well. I am now in the process of tearing apart my living room. Even though the door to it was closed when he disappeared it has enough of a opening at the bottom for him to get through.

I am so sorry to give you this kind of an update but I owed it to all of you. You all have been incredibly supportive of me not to mention very interested and concern regarding Lenny.

I am not going to kid myself, for I know that it has likely become more of a recovery effort and not a rescue, but I will not stop until I find him.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh no :( I am sorry that you haven't been able to find him yet :(

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Oh no :( I am sorry that you haven't been able to find him yet :(

This haunts me. I have no clue where he could be. There is absolutely no signs, almost like he disappeared in thin air. But I will not stop until I find him.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Put some water & seed around the house. Bring the others around. You heard peeps?

He could be trapped under something or behind or in a drawer you close or closet????

Darn!!!! They will usually come walking around if they can. Maybe fell behind something & was hurt...leg or wing...

Listen for those chirps but then again birds don;t like to give away there location if they are hurt as it brings predators...

Poor lil guy
:sadhug2:

Thank you, I am putting food and water out now. The thing is, is that he can fool humans by keeping quiet but usually not a cat, and they aren't circling any area.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
OMG check under furniture, on the curtain rods, in the drapes themselves, any toys they can hide in, window sills, counter tops...
I pray you find the wee guy (before the cats do)
The cats are being kept locked up as are my larger birds. The only one who is going to find Lenny, (for better or worse) is me.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Did you ever have someone come over so that you have another pair of eyes looking? Are there any cupboards or drawers he could have found his way into?
I had a friend of mine come over on Saturday to help move the fridge and to look around. Like I said, Lenny is not a brilliant color, he is rather a very dull grey purple, so he blends in more. He is incredibly little and skinny. I am going to scour the living room, ( a room I have not looked through) and pull out one of the kitchen cabinets.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Usually cats won't eat wing feathers so there would be evidence if a cat did get him.

I know the vanishing act issue all too well. When Koopa escaped I spent a half hour looking inside the house before realizing she had to have made it outside. We never found her either way. I had nightmares for weeks that I would find her body months too late. We moved a couple years later and I was terrified of it still everytime we cleared a room out. The not knowing is so much worse than an answer, regardless of what the answer is