• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zupreem Fruitblend - Do yours eat certain colours first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faen

Hit the Road
I was just wondering if any of your birds eat a certain colour of food first.

I give Kayto Zupreem Fruitblend pellets and it's interesting and sort of hilarious how he will eat the purple ones first. He LOOOVES the purple ones... i beleive after that he goes for the red or yellow. He doesn't like the orange too much.
He seems to only do it with the pellets... he doesn't really have a colour preference when it comes to the real fruits and veggies and what not... though i can't say i've given him anything else purple....

I'm just curious.

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
Lucy always eats the green ones first and the the orange ones

Soto eats the orange ones first then the purple ones

Soto will eat all his pellets but Lucy refuses to eat the red ones

they also get the natural, am trying to switch them to the natural and so far its going well

Last edited:

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Absolutely! It seems like Gertie and Sam Mealy like exactly the opposite colors, so I just switch the dishes and everyone's happy!:dancing:

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
Kai seems to pick a 'color of the week'. Sometimes he eats all the green ones, sometimes the purple, etc. etc.. lol

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Kai seems to pick a 'color of the week'. Sometimes he eats all the green ones, sometimes the purple, etc. etc.. lol
:agreed:

Ella seems to be a bit more picky about her colors, but one week its the red ones, the next week its the orange ones, etc.
Archie is not picky. He just loves to eat. :lol:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
When Squeeky was a baby I had him on those and he would eat all of them. Now is on the natural ones.

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
I cannot feed Isis the fruit blend.. I dont know why but she gets crazy and mean on it... I think it may be the sugar..... So learning that she does not get it anymore and is her bossy sweet self... And when she did eat it she only would eat the red ones???? and She has a thing with the shape also.. Wont eat it unless its round?????

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OK, here is the deal! Anyone can send me the purple, orange and red and I will send you the yellows and greens! Get the picture?

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Yes, my conures always eat the bananas and the red and orange ones they hate the green ones, and my cockatiels ate everything but the bananas. Now I feed mostly the natural ones but they still get a small handful of fruitblend each day as well.

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
Mine get natural no Fruit Loops for them.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Hulk hates the purple but will eat them grudgingly if nothing else is left :hehe:

Big Bird hates the orange ones and those who leaves in the plate or they end up on the floor. ;)

Tequila used to love the fruit blend but she found a new favorite, the garden blend zupreem which is natural flavored pellets but with a bit of peppers mixed in, she LOVES it.

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
Pico use to pick out all the yellow ones, then he went to the orange ones. Now he's not picking out certain colors.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Absolutely! It seems like Gertie and Sam Mealy like exactly the opposite colors, so I just switch the dishes and everyone's happy!:dancing:
That is pretty much how it worked here with Strawberry and Goofy. The only problem was Kiwi since her's was the smaller food. She would not eat the green ones for a while then it would be the yellow for a month or so. Now I no longer give any of them the fruit flavored at all and only give them the natural. It took a while to switch Kiwi to the natural but now everyone loves it and no more wasted color of the month.:rofl:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Yes! Cookie is the same way here! I buy zupreem fruit blend but for some reason theres no purple, just red orange yellow green and white.

Everyday i come home from school and there'll be a different color left in her bowl. Sometimes she eats everything but the green ones, everything but the yellow ones, every one but the red one.. you get the picture! lol, i think its hilarious!

pineview01

Cody the U2 is the only one that eats the purple and orange. Sky used to love the red and yellow but now eats the green and yellow and leaved the red.

I'm trying to convert them to natural.

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Riley wont eat the yellow ones. Nope, no way. Its poison she says lol.

And Lobby..when did you get an Ekkie??

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
And Lobby..when did you get an Ekkie??
Allessa, we've had Miss Jasmine forever ... actually she came home last Sunday. She is a 12 yr old rehome Vos. There is a welcome her home post in the rehome section. So far she does not like me but just loves Jenni.

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Anna's faves are green and purple.....

I pull out all the red ones...... I don't want to scare myself thinking she has blood in her poopies......:lol:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
mine used to, but now they're used to it and know how they all taste and just dig in

they still do leave certain colors alone. sometimes that color will be the same for months at a time, other times it can change daily .but at least they no longer Throw out the color they don't want, they just leave it in the bowl now (i fixed them by giving them smaller pellets LOL the tiels got budgie size for a while, the budgies got finch size for a while for some reason doing that made them stop throwing out the colors they didn't want - i got tired of stepping on pellets they hurt!

I still have some who won't eat the banana shaped - but once this container is empty they won't have shapes any more - I switched to the breeder formula its all round no shapes to be picky over :D

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli

Yes! Cookie is the same way here! I buy zupreem fruit blend but for some reason theres no purple, just red orange yellow green and white.

Everyday i come home from school and there'll be a different color left in her bowl. Sometimes she eats everything but the green ones, everything but the yellow ones, every one but the red one.. you get the picture! lol, i think its hilarious!
what size do you buy? there is purple in the Conure (and larger) sizes but its not in the smaller sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.