• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Zazu the projectile lovebird.

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
Well, the new semester has started and trying to be a good student and not procrastinate (too much) this term, I've decided to study early.

After reading the chapter, I am writing some notes down and Zazu then projectiles himself off my head (where he was perched) and viciously attacks the pen. It was funny, but I really needed to write my notes so I discouraged him so he sat on my shoulder all puffed up and making those little growling sounds like lovebirds often times do.

I continue writing and Zazu has fallen asleep on my shoulder... but then I open my pencil case and hunt for another pen and highlighter, which makes a rattling sound. Zazu wakes up and gets all puffed up and clicks his beak. He then flies down near my paper and kind of stalks the pen, not attacking it, but not losing sight of it for a second either. When I reach for the pencil case again, he flies towards it, spills ALL the contents and attacks everything viciously!! It was crazy!!

I removed him from the situation and gave him some paper to chew on, thankfully that calmed him down. Hopefully he'll get used to me using pens and pencils as the semester progresses! I think I should just stick with having him out while reading, not note taking...

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Sounds like Mr. Z wants to make the grade...:D:hehe:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
It's going to be a loooonnnngg semester with that little one helping you study. :lol:

blueyez49423

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Caroline
What a sweetheart protecting you from those evil pens! :lol:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Well, the new semester has started and trying to be a good student and not procrastinate (too much) this term, I've decided to study early.

After reading the chapter, I am writing some notes down and Zazu then projectiles himself off my head (where he was perched) and viciously attacks the pen. It was funny, but I really needed to write my notes so I discouraged him so he sat on my shoulder all puffed up and making those little growling sounds like lovebirds often times do.

I continue writing and Zazu has fallen asleep on my shoulder... but then I open my pencil case and hunt for another pen and highlighter, which makes a rattling sound. Zazu wakes up and gets all puffed up and clicks his beak. He then flies down near my paper and kind of stalks the pen, not attacking it, but not losing sight of it for a second either. When I reach for the pencil case again, he flies towards it, spills ALL the contents and attacks everything viciously!! It was crazy!!

I removed him from the situation and gave him some paper to chew on, thankfully that calmed him down. Hopefully he'll get used to me using pens and pencils as the semester progresses! I think I should just stick with having him out while reading, not note taking...
Maybe Zazu needs to be assigned his own homework to keep him busy! :D

InTheAir

Real Name
Claire
Haha our ringneck is a milder version of that. He just holds on to the end of the pen while I'm making notes, like one of those little monsters you used to be able to get for the end of pencils. When I lift the pen off the paper, it comes with a bird attached. It has stopped my habit of chewing the end of the pen.
I have been trialing wiggling a decoy pen with my left hand, but it doesn't do my handwriting any favours!

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Haha our ringneck is a milder version of that. He just holds on to the end of the pen while I'm making notes, like one of those little monsters you used to be able to get for the end of pencils. When I lift the pen off the paper, it comes with a bird attached. It has stopped my habit of chewing the end of the pen.
I have been trialing wiggling a decoy pen with my left hand, but it doesn't do my handwriting any favours!
That is so hilarious!! I wish that's all Zazu did, he's a little demon...

InTheAir

Real Name
Claire
If it makes you feel any better about it, just be grateful your not getting a verbal assault too. Nila likes to start screaming "what are you doing" repeatedly when I am trying to read .. if that fails to get my attention he will fly down and practise ice skating on the textbook.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Are we sure Zazu is a boy? There is no shredder that can out shred a lovie hen. :hehe:

Last edited:

Naiera

Real Name
Alyssa
When I was in school, I had the same problem with Tiki! Pens, pencils, highlighters ... scissors too ... silly birds :huh:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
The only thing that would relieve the pencil and pen attacks when I was writing my book was a dish of nice seeds to eat......

Cyreen

Angry Birds, the Love Birds Edition.

poof.jpg