• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Zazu enjoyed himself a lovely morning.

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
Zazu is one of those birds that is not picky in the least.

I let Zazu out of his cage for an hour this morning. He enjoys looking outside at the birds flying around. He was so excited whenever he would see a bird fly, he would fly in circles around the living room. I wanted to put him back into his cage because I had to go walk my dog at this point, but he did not want to go in! He wanted to keep looking at the birds and fly around.

However, I have a trick that always works when I want Zazu to come back inside his cage. I take out his bag of pellets and shake them. When he hears that sound, he immediately flies towards me because he knows there will be something yummy in his cage, and boy does he love food!

In addition to fresh pellets, I gave him some fresh apple, lettuce and broccoli. He absolutely gorged himself and then slept for the next couple of hours.

Yes, while the birds outside are lucky because they get to fly around cage-free all day... Zazu is lucky because he is provided with fresh food every day! I don't think he has any complaints living with me. :)

I love my little guy! I never thought owning a lovebird would be so rewarding, but it really is! He is the perfect parrot for me.

Here are a few recent pics. Nothing too interesting, just Zazu resting after his meal.

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:heart: smart and adorable! ya cant beat that combo:xflove:...

Willow12

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holly
Aww! he is so adorable! very pretty! my female is staring too get that bright peach color!. :smuggrin:

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Aww! he is so adorable! very pretty! my female is staring too get that bright peach color!. :smuggrin:
Ooo, I love the lovebird colour change stage!! My favourite is the awkward teenager look, when their heads are mostly the one light colour and start to get small patches of the darker colour on their forehead. You should post some pics of her!!

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Aww, she's gorgeous!! What colour is she? Looks like she has a dark factor in there.