• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

You know you're bird crazy when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

~birdybea~

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
I was at the fruit and veg markets on the weekend, buying fresh food for the week, and at the register the lady looked at the giant bunch of endive and said "so what does endive taste like anyway?"

...i was forced to say "i'm not actually sure, that's for the birds!" :lol:

She laughed and told me that she hears that sort of thing from a lot of people, not just birds but rabbits and guinea pigs as well. :p Despite endive being one of my birds favourite foods i am yet to try it, i think it looks like garden weeds.

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
LOL My house was filled with the scent of baking bread...not for the humans..for the birds..LOL

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
"so what does endive taste like anyway?"

...i was forced to say "i'm not actually sure, that's for the birds!" :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can soo see that happening. lol
I love :heart: it!

LOL My house was filled with the scent of baking bread...not for the humans..for the birds..LOL
Mummmmm

Did any kids try to sneak a bite??? :hehe:

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
No, the kids know it's bird bread...LOLOL Like I would bake fresh bread for them? LOLOLOLOLOL

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is great Dawn!!!
Like they would expect fresh bread! :lol:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
That's pretty funny.:rofl: I feed my birds things I've never tasted too.
I was at the store once buying alot of fresh stuff for my birds and this older lady got in line behind me and made some comment about someone eats healthy and I said oh it's for my birds. She looked at me like I'd grown a second head.:lol:

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I was at the store buying alot of fresh food and grains and the cashier asked me what I was making and I told her oh some bread for my bird then some birdie mash too and probably some pasta salad too. She just gave me the oddest look and didnt say another word to me:rofl:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
They must think we have lost our minds completely. Buying expensive fruits and veggies we may never taste. :dancing:

Slic102

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa Cook
OMG ditto about the grocery store. I swear I'm at the organic one all the time, and they don't put those sticker on the fruit so they have to look everything up. They are always asking me what something is and I'm like "uhhh....idk...some sort of pepper/squash/etc....it's for my parrots! They always hate to see me coming too because I'm the one with the basket of all fresh items that all have to be weighed!

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
:lol:

I have to laugh cause I do the same thing, I grab one of this pepper, one of that kind, maybe 3 of that kind. lol

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
:rofl:

Thanks for the heads up.
Save some money as I won't try it after all.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
nonono, endive is yummy -
but you must make a hot bacon dressing for on it.
then put it all over boiled potatoes.
I buy endive whenever it is not all wilty at the store - what are they thinking trying to sell it like that but it must wilt easily in stores. I never have a problem as the birds and I all like it.
Recipe upon request!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
haha, that is so funny, LOL!

M-Nature

Walking the driveway
Real Name
M-Nature
I have to spell "tomatillo" every time I buy one for my parrots. If the clerk has not had Spanish, I had better pronounce it toma-tillo instead of the Spanish way. I usually just tell them it is for making fresh salsa. :hehe:

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I have to spell "tomatillo" every time I buy one for my parrots. If the clerk has not had Spanish, I had better pronounce it toma-tillo instead of the Spanish way. I usually just tell them it is for making fresh salsa. :hehe:
The things I buy are too exotic and weird for fresh salsa I have given up on acting normal I am just the crazy bird guy:hehe:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
and take it from me..it also tastes like garden weeds..

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:lol: I can't eat too spicy foods so when I buy small hot chillies for Ceddy it's mostly just one or maybe two - they always look at me funny because that hardly registers on their scales and when I say its for my bird, I swear they think I've gone completely potty

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You Know You Are Bird Crazy when....
- your home contains 8 cages, 10 play stands, 6 swings, and a bed.
- you are zoned as a rainforest wildlife sanctuary by your city.
- all your neighbors move away, and you live in an apartment.
- you consider collard greens, dandelion greens, parsnips, mustard green, and escarole to be common vegetables.
- you go through the store checkout with 18 different fruits and veggies (none of which you plan to eat).
- the person behind you at the checkout asks how you prepare the collard greens you're holding and you say that you haven't the slightest idea.
- you have to explain to the lawn care company that you like dandelions in your yard.
- you see absolutely nothing wrong with having every piece of furniture in your living room topped with cages
while your lamp is on the floor, and you use a lap desk because the desk itself holds your parrot toy box.
- redecorating the house means finding a way to squeeze in another bird cage.
- your garage contains extra cages, play stands, toys, but no car.
- you've ever answered the phone with a parrot on your head.
- you tell people on the phone, "I can't talk now; I've got a parrot on my head."
- people overhearing your parrot discussions think you're talking about your date.
- you drive around on recycling day looking for the biggest piles of newspaper to steal and feel guilty when people look out their windows and pity you.
- you want world peace, to save the environment, a cure for AIDS and a better way to clean bird poo.
- you have vases full of feathers instead of flowers.
- you have 3 TV’s and none of them are for you to use.
- your c.d. collection contains opera, classical, and speech lessons, none of which you listen to.
- you haven't owned an alarm clock in 10 years, but never get up late.
- when you're at Home Depot you're busy dreaming about building new play areas.
- you have no carpet in your house, anywhere.
- you shower in the guest bathroom, because the master bath is too full of perches.
- your friends come over for dinner and offer to make a salad, to which you reply "none of those vegetables are for humans!"
- you haven't taken a vacation in 10 years, and like it that way.
- every room in your home is equipped with U.V. lighting.
- your walls are lined with Plexiglas, your ceilings are lined with Plexiglas, and your floors are covered in plastic runners, and they are all still stained.
- you have replaced your vacuum at least twice a year.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.