• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Yelling

Tiffanylvega

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tiffany
Ok I have got a white fronted amazon, he is just now 1yo. When my husband talks to him and sometime when I talk to him he starts this screeching thing... does anyone know what this is about. He does say hey, whistles, and laughs. I am completely ok if he dont say anything else.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
How long have you had Porky?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Each bird is different. Watch his body language. What is his wings doing? Are his eyes pinning?

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
He may not be totally comfortable with you guys yet. Some birdies take longer than others to bond and fully trust their new owners. This behavior will probably stop given time. Newt did that to me for a couple months too. Sometimes it was so loud it actually made my ears ring. Lucy would yell Shut Up every time Newt screamed! Lol

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Secret stretches like that during whistling calls.

Tiffanylvega

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tiffany
He may not be totally comfortable with you guys yet. Some birdies take longer than others to bond and fully trust their new owners. This behavior will probably stop given time. Newt did that to me for a couple months too. Sometimes it was so loud it actually made my ears ring. Lucy would yell Shut Up every time Newt screamed! Lol
Ok thank u. I just wanted to make sure. Since he was q rescue I thought that might be it. He was abused.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Ok thank u. I just wanted to make sure. Since he was q rescue I thought that might be it. He was abused.
Sergei is my only baby that was not abused. His former daddy deeply loved him, and I still to this day text quarterly updates to him along with many photos of Sergei's progress in this new life. He did however live in a child psychiatrist office, rarely got off his cage, and was on a pellet only diet so he had no ekkie color except for his head. Poor guy was all gray fuzz! Now on a proper ekkie "heavy on the fresh fruits" diet his vibrant plumage is slowly returning! Sergei I actually paid a small rehoming fee for, while my other babies climbed aboard this crazy train without a ticket. I've learned that price guarantees nothing when it comes to pets. Just don't give up on him! Passing a so called "imperfect" bird off to someone else only starts the adjustment process all over again and each time it will take a bit longer for them to settle down and bond with their new family. Just give him plenty of attention and let him know you love him no matter what. Pretty soon he'll return that love a thousand times over!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey Tiffany...

Is he still doing this? I may have a little input to as why if he is... I can tell you,

He's upset, & It takes time but can be stopped.