• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wow, that was easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I feed all my parrots Lafebers pellets (along with fresh food daily for all, seed for some and nutriberries for some). I felt kind of frustrated that there is so much waste with the pellets although they all seem to love them. So, I just went to the pet store (to get Sonic my Pomeranian a new life vest) and decided to try ZuPreem natural pellets. I offered some to Merlin (WFA), Autumn (GCC) and Papaya (Regent) and they all immediately started eating them!! That's great. I am going to go give some to Nemo too. These are bigger too and seem easier for them to hold.:dance4:

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I was looking at Zupreem Natural too. I was a little afraid of the salt and sugar in it though. Do you think that much matters?

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I was looking at Zupreem Natural too. I was a little afraid of the salt and sugar in it though. Do you think that much matters?
Personally, I am fine with it. My birds are fed fresh everyday and nutriberries in the afternoon too so I don't worry much about the small amount of pellets they eat. But, I think Papaya doesn't really like them so that worries me, I hope he will start to eat them more.

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Zupreem is ALOT cheaper than what I buy (Harrisons) - Half the price when you do the math.....I wonder if a switch would be worth trying, though I did only JUST get Pru to eat the ones we have...

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I find with most parrots, is that when they hold the food, and take a bite out of it, 1/2 of it goes flying out of their mouth and the other half they eat. So they are wasting 1/2 the food.

I feed Harrison Coarse size pellets to my 'toos and amazon. And I CANNOT WAIT until they come out with a MEDIUM size! They would be able to swallow it and it would be less waste:) Opa and Bokka and the other 'toos TRY to swallow it whole, but due to its size, they break it in half, swallow half and lose half.

I found that when I fed Cockatiel size pellets to the 'tiels, p'let and quakers and lovie, it was the same thing happening to the pellet. 1/2 the food item would fly off into the distance. So I now offer them BUDGIE SIZE, and they eat it so well!!! NO WASTE!:dance4:

dorn27

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kristi
We get Harrisons in our cages and main food bowls. The playstands in the office and the upstairs office both have Zupreem Fruity. They eventually eat all colors (though go through all orange and purple before hitting the greens, yellows and then finally reds, but order changes frequently). I figure the only difference from natural to fruity is the dye since all their pellets are sweetened.

I also put zupreem in foraging toys, its much cheaper to waste than the harrisons and most of it ended up dropped anyway!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
We get Harrisons in our cages and main food bowls. The playstands in the office and the upstairs office both have Zupreem Fruity. They eventually eat all colors (though go through all orange and purple before hitting the greens, yellows and then finally reds, but order changes frequently). I figure the only difference from natural to fruity is the dye since all their pellets are sweetened.

I also put zupreem in foraging toys, its much cheaper to waste than the harrisons and most of it ended up dropped anyway!
I didn't get the fruit blend because I have had some birds that would only eat certain colors so I thought that I would try the natural which I hadn't tried before. I discovered today that Papaya did eat some, so I feel good about that.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Zupreem is ALOT cheaper than what I buy (Harrisons) - Half the price when you do the math.....I wonder if a switch would be worth trying, though I did only JUST get Pru to eat the ones we have...
I tried the Harrisons a few years ago and they didn't like it at all. I have had good luck with Lafebers which all of them love, so I may use them both, or if they all seem to eat the Zupreem I will probably stick with that.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Zupreem Natural is what I feed my fids too, along with other things. I used to throw the dust in the garbage can but I now save the dust for birdy bread, hehe! They sometimes get Roudybush and some Zupreem fruitblend mixed just for some variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.