• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would this cage be ok?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
@April I think it is as a Linnie hopefully be able to help you better

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
30x18 and less than half inch spacing sounds pretty good! :) The downside is that this cage has guillotines style cages which can be a safety risk

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd definitely recommend against that style of door for sure. It's far to risky in my opinion.

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
thank you all for your responses, can anyone recommend me a cage with a different door?

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
i saw that but i was looking for something smaller and that comes in white that i can sit on top of my dresser, i am not gonna have room for a huge cage like that sadly

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
guillotines style
On top of the door style, that pattern on the door (looks almost like a heart) is one I had on my first cage years ago, and when my bird moved out into another cage and I put a different bird in, she later got her beak stuck on the curled part of the design - luckily I was home and freed her immediately but it definitely spooked me and her! Those funky wiggle patterns appear on many bird cage doors.

edit; If you can only find cages with guillotine doors, you could tie strap them closed, and if the main door is guillotine, clip it closed with a little SS keyring clip. It´s just important they are secured in some way or another :) Welcome to the Avenue! :bliss:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
i saw that but i was looking for something smaller and that comes in white that i can sit on top of my dresser, i am not gonna have room for a huge cage like that sadly
Unfortunately most of those small flight cages have doors and designs that are not safe :( I've seen so many birds lose toes or their lives to cages like that.

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
On top of the door style, that pattern on the door (looks almost like a heart) is one I had on my first cage years ago, and when my bird moved out into another cage and I put a different bird in, she later got her beak stuck on the curled part of the design - luckily I was home and freed her immediately but it definitely spooked me and her! Those funky wiggle patterns appear on many bird cage doors.

edit; If you can only find cages with guillotine doors, you could tie strap them closed, and if the main door is guillotine, clip it closed with a little SS keyring clip. It´s just important they are secured in some way or another :) Welcome to the Avenue! :bliss:
thank you!

Tisumi

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Loran
Unfortunately most of those small flight cages have doors and designs that are not safe :( I've seen so many birds lose toes or their lives to cages like that.
i will keep searching until i find a safe cage for him, i dont want my baby to get hurt!

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My single Linnie is in this cage. I have white and it does come off of the base to make it tabletop. I know it's expensive but the quality and features are just perfect.

Perhaps you can find another flight cage that sits on a removable frame.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That cage is not huge. Even a single bird needs a big cage. Flight cages are good and not all that expensive. Do you have to put the bird in your bedroom? Locations are best where people gather such as a living room.

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
If you have the height space, I would suggest this one and not use the stand: https://www.chewy.com/yaheetech-54-in-rolling-metal-large/dp/378827 It is 24.5x17, so will fit where a 30x18 one would. The main door is a great style. It still has guillotine feeder doors, but that's much better than the main door being that style. I have this same cage in a different brand, it sits on a shelving unit, my single parrotlet lives in it and it feels like a mansion to her. I used to have 2 linnies in it until I went bigger, and they were happy.

Mine are also in my bedroom, which IS the hub of my house... so it's the perfect place since it's literally where I eat, sleep, work, relax, all-in-one. They'd have lots of alone time if they were in the living room or elsewhere.

Edit: and the platinum is a very light grey. Not stark white white, but still very light. Edit again: oh wait, it comes in white too! Didn't see that at first...

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Bar spacing is 3/4", not suitable for such a small bird! It would be a safety risk as well as difficult for your bird to climb

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
How much time will your Linnie be out the cage for daily?