• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Would like some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Cockatiels are great birds. Relatively small and easily looked after. They have great personalities. The males can talk and whistle up a storm. They have all the traits of the larger parrots without being a large parrot and all the headaches that can go with them. The even have a crest and think they are big parrots. :D

birdman78

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
John
Cockatiels are great birds. Relatively small and easily looked after. They have great personalities. The males can talk and whistle up a storm. They have all the traits of the larger parrots without being a large parrot and all the headaches that can go with them. The even have a crest and think they are big parrots. :D
I agree with John. And not just cause of his name. :hehe: I have a Whiteface male tiel. He is such a character. Check out some of my post of TJ. He is a great whistler and is starting to talk. And its funny to watch him "act" so big. Plus, tiels are really great with kids. My 5yo daughter adores the heck out of him.

Sean

Sitting on the front steps
I have a question for you guys. How many of you already had your birds and then had kids? How did you guys
handle that situation?

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I have a question for you guys. How many of you already had your birds and then had kids? How did you guys
handle that situation?

Hi,

First I would like to say it can be done, but time juggling, and being able to devote time to a bird would have to be looked at.
I myself have done rescue for years, and had 3 babies during that time. I did take a break during the newborn period but I always had birds in the house.
You will need to look at who will be home more often, then theres the chores of cleaning cages, cooking food, feeding, and changing water. This can be a little more difficult but if you ar a very dedicated owner it can be accomplished.

The one thing I always worry about in finding birds homes is to make sure the home is educated in care and that the owner will be dedicated enough to get through some of the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.