• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wood for Making Toys - Super Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing

LOL Don't ask me about grammar and spelling..I am a math teacher. :cool1:

Oh Shelly, I totally understand the close relationship...ever since simone was a year old, she has spent every other weekend here at my house *up until the past couple years.......I just love having her around
She is kind of like my 3rd kid. By the time she was 6 my Daughter went off to College, and my son graduated college that same year. So, Nina spent a lot of time with me and the birds. I took her everywhere, taught her how to ride a horse, and all that sort of thing. I will miss her when she leaves. :-(

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita

Oh, there will be plenty of wood left. The real question is..... will there be enough of Nina left?! LOL!

You should have heard her when somebody asked her if he could have *free* shipping if he ordered 100 pounds. I thought she was going to have a coronary on the spot, and I had to chastise her language. :rofl:
100 pounds!! that is tons of wood. I still feel like I should be buying some, I am missing the boat :cool:

ok look for this one popping up all over the Avenue

" a pickle short of a full jar "

i like it!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Now who can i say it to that can handle it? :chin:

ok i thought about it.....it's a perfect phrase to use on myself when i do brain dead things :lol:
I can't wait to see who you say it to. Ummmm....GG?!?! She can take it :dance4:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I can't wait to see who you say it to. Ummmm....GG?!?! She can take it :dance4:
no can't use it on gg...she is completely full of pickles...no shortness of pickles there...:huh:.
I'm afraid I'll have to continue my search for some other unsuspecting hapless victim.....:p
I did get to use the word pickle tonight though....

http://forums.avianavenue.com/feathered-photos-fairway/33367-rudys-pickle.html

do you think Shelly is going to be mad i'm inserting such doofy stuff in her thread? Well....she was the one that started it...:p

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Well, GG is full of pickles, you are right.

I do have my pickle-less moments :D

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Bless her heart! I just sent her an email. :)

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
ROFL! You guys are too funny, I can't believe you haven 't heard that before, it is something my Dad used to say.

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
"She's a few apples short of a bushel"

"She's got a few eggs cracked in her carton"

"6 cylinder engine, but only running on 5"

Just a few that I've used .. lol .. all came from my mom who is a master at those types of sayings. :lol:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

no can't use it on gg...she is completely full of pickles...no shortness of pickles there...:huh:.
I'm afraid I'll have to continue my search for some other unsuspecting hapless victim.....:p

do you think Shelly is going to be mad i'm inserting such doofy stuff in her thread? Well....she was the one that started it...:p
Well, GG is full of pickles, you are right.

I do have my pickle-less moments :D
Bwahahahaha!!!! full of vinegar maybe! ;) :rofl:

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Bless her heart! I just sent her an email. :)
Nina is in school now, but hey, yesterday she was answering emails from Biology Lab. :huh:

Today is a short day for her, she should be home by Noon and I am sure she will get back to you (if she hasn't already). LOL!

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Nina shipped out a few boxes of wood today. I don't know to who, but I am sure you will receive shipment notification, if you haven't already.

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing

I just saw this. :rofl: This picture is hysterical!

I have been just a little nosy, but trying very hard to let Nina do this herself.

I know there are more, but I saw last night that Dianne and Leslie your orders are complete.

Dianne I am sure Nina will box your order up when she gets home from school and ship tomorrow.

Leslie, Nina pulled the last bit of your order out of the dye last evening. So, it should be dry and on its way to you in a couple of days.

I know there are more, but again, I didn't want to be obvious!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Great! She actually emailed me to tell me it is almost ready! She is such a sweet girl....I hear you told the story of Nani's cage! It was a bit of a wait, but well worth it! I appreciate so much your help in getting it:)

I can't wait, or should I say the birds can't wait, to get the wood!

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
She is having a hard time waiting for the wood to dry from the dye. I generally wait 48 hours after they come out of the dye before packaging, to make sure they are really dry. Nina wants to package and ship as soon as they don't leave color on her hands. LOL!

She pulled the last of your order out of the dye last evening. So she should be able to package on Thursday and ship on Friday.

She sure has been busy. LOL!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
she just had no idea what she started by letting all of us in on this deal :rofl:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I hope everyone posts pics of their wood :)

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Can I tell you what an absolute PLEASURE it was dealing with Nina? She is professional, extremely helpful, well-spoken, and obviously quite intelligent! She and I had many email exchanges and I was overly impressed with her responses and fabulous customer service. I just placed an order and I just know it is going to be perfect.

Nina's mom and Aunt Shelly should both be quite proud of her! :dance4:

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Awwww.... thank you Kathie. Nina is a great kid and I am very proud of her. However, don't be entirely fooled, there were some difficult teenage times. LOL!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I'm sure she has had her typical 'teenage moments' but the joy comes from how she handled(s) them

I have 2 boys that have given me fits, one is 23, one hopefully will see 22 in November :lol:

I have been so impressed with Nina, she is such a delight and has such potential :heart:

:hug8:

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Nina has definitely grown up quite a bit in the last couple of years. She just needs to find common ground with her Mother, and I think all will be well. She is very intelligent, has a most pleasant and outgoing personality and is a lot of fun to have around.

I have posted a (covert) update in the other Nina thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.