• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

wondering what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilybsharp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
at the ladies house, that had all the birds living there with no cages, and had nests in her fake trees. did you all catch all the birdies? how did it go? able to save them? ive been wondering if it all went okay! let me know!

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Do to our severe weather in Ohio Jen postponed the rescue until next weekend.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Yep this sunday it is. That way she will have help from me, and the weather has been pretty bad. It is a 2 hr drive from me, hour drive from her....

emilybsharp

Real Name
Emily
ohh! completely understandable! be safe driving!! if help needed im willing, originally from ohio, i could always stop home for a visit. good luck you guys i wish the best for you and these birds.

catnloco

I will be watching this and thinking of you guys this Sunday. I am telling you we need to get something passed to protect these birds. There are laws for dogs,cats,farm animals but nothing for parrots it makes my blood BOIL!!!!

laurencann

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
If you guys need help, and have room in a car, I am available to help. Please let me know. You guys are really awesome for all you do.:D

M

M.C Bird Rescue

what's going on?
There is an elderly woman who is being over ran by finches, parakeets, doves, cockatiels. the house is so bad she will need to call in cleaners after we leave. The woman contacted Jen to come and catch finches and doves that are free flying throughout the house. This will be a very sad situation.
I will distract while jen photographs. I hope the woman has help in cleaning, I feel bad we wont be able to do much in that area. Our priority is to remove the birds that are nesting, and making the living unsuitable for this lady. if I lived closer i would offer to help her clean her home.
Very sad.

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Ok...so I'm such an idiot that I show up on the wrong day...duh! And the "little old lady"...was a man dressed as a woman with a really bad wig. Are you kidding me!!! And it wasn't that because I am not judgemental - to each their own choice...it was the crazy eyes...gave me the willies! Hoping to actually show up tomorrow, the right day, and help. I'm such an idiot...

M

M.C Bird Rescue

:rofl::rofl: I heard all about it Terri! In a way I am glad you showed up and told us so there was a heads up. i think I would have lost it, I know me. I can only keep a straight face for so long!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good luck you guys! You might want to wear filter masks. You guys are great for doing this. Hopefully someone will call social services to help the elderly lady.

CJS

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Caroline
Good luck and be careful...this whole thing is a bit worrisome. Keep cell phones nearby!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Boy, this sure does not sound right. Terri, there are going to be more people than just your correct? Your safety first and do let us know how you are. Check in with someone routinely. It could take a while catching all of the birds so to make sure you are safe have prearranged check in times.

Peggy

Status
Not open for further replies.