• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Winston’s going to the vet…

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
I’ve scheduled a vet appointment for next week after Christmas. His weight is fluctuating too much and it’s worrying me. It’s been between 35-40 grams and I’m not sure this is normal.

We have been traveling a lot back and forth and are about to travel again because our house is being stained so I’m taking the boys. The first time was bleaching the roof, the second time was bleaching the house, and now we are moving again for the stain.

Could the stress of moving cause the changes in weight? Oliver’s weight seems to be consistent. Or could the weight fluctuation be normal? He (Winston) is eating and drinking like normal with no changes in mood or energy.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
The appointment is set for Wednesday of next week but I could get him in this Thursday. Should I reschedule for Thursday?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
The appointment is set for Wednesday of next week but I could get him in this Thursday. Should I reschedule for Thursday?
Would it make you feel better to have the appointment earlier? Your peace of mind matters too.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Would it make you feel better to have the appointment earlier? Your peace of mind matters too.
I’m not too worried about it right now because the only thing that has changed about him is his weight. I wanted some opinions thought on if the weight change is drastic enough for me to need to worry.

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
How much time does it take for his weight to fluctuate between 35-40 grams?