• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Wings clipping

Bird besti

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Animals friend
Hi everyone. So, my parrot is not fine yet. The vet wants to see her by taking her out of the cage. But I have heard that if an in tamed bird is handled by strangers, it dies. She never came out of her cage. No one not even me ever touched her. I haven’t clipped her wings because it seems so offensive and unfriendly to me to take her wings that are given to her by GOD. Also I’m afraid that as she is 4+ years old she might not adjust outside cage…
Please advise…

Bird besti

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Animals friend
But my parrot screams and runs away from strangers. If someone except me opens her cage, she starts breathing heavily and her heartbeat become fast. Will she be hurted due to fear ???

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
But I have heard that if an in tamed bird is handled by strangers, it dies.
A bird handled by a good vet will be ok. They are pros at getting hold of a bird (usually in a towel unless it´s a smaller bird). My birds are not tame for strangers and our the vet is great with them, he gets a hold of them, does what he needs to, then puts them back into the carrier.

Bird besti

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Animals friend
A bird handled by a good vet will be ok. They are pros at getting hold of a bird (usually in a towel unless it´s a smaller bird). My birds are not tame for strangers and our the vet is great with them, he gets a hold of them, does what he needs to, then puts them back into the carrier.
Do your birds scream and run too ???

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
No - a bird whether it is tame or not very, very rarely dies when it is handled.

She will adjust fine if allowed out if the cage. She may be frightened for awhile, but she will get over it and be a much happier bird. I can't imagine what she has suffered being locked in a cage for four years.

You need to do a lot of work with your bird to make sure she becomes happy and well adjusted.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Do your birds scream and run too ???
Absolutely not!! My birds have always come to me happily (when they wanted to). that's the relationship you need to build with your bird.

Bird besti

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Animals friend
OK, thanks to you all. Will try my best for her improvement InshaAllah.:thanks:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Will you be able to get her into a carrier to take her to the vet?

If you are going to take her in her cage, then I would think that it is too small for an IRN, so it could help your relationship with her to get her a bigger one.