• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wing malformation or just growing?

Lucy

Moving in
Real Name
emilia
Im fostering some baby sparrows ( they would have died on the street) ,i have a lovebird so im not sure about this ones, i have 2 sparrows, they are not same age, its been 3 weeks and one of them still not flying right, i compare them both of them and see their wings are diferentss! Not sure if its cause the little one still needs to grow them or its just they are not right..i will post the 2 pics and i need advice!

As if they just need to grow they wait together for their realese, if not this will just stay with me and can free the second one.

If somebody has more clue than me pls advise ‍♀

Attachments

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm afraid that I can't see what's happening from your photos.

What have you been feeding them? Because baby birds grow so fast, the wrong diet for even a short period of time can have devastating effects. Handreared birds fed a diet that is too high in protein and too low in vitamins are prone to problems like angel wing (Angel wing - Wikipedia) which means that a bird may never be able to fly or be released into the wild. Other vitamin deficiencies can cause rickets and other issues.

Do you have a wildlife rehabilitation centre near you? If you do, please contact them.

Lucy

Moving in
Real Name
emilia

What have you been feeding them? Because baby birds grow so fast, the wrong diet for even a short period of time can have devastating effects. Handreared birds fed a diet that is too high in protein and too low in vitamins are prone to problems like angel wing (Angel wing - Wikipedia) which means that a bird may never be able to fly or be released into the wild. Other vitamin deficiencies can cause rickets and other issues.

Do you have a wildlife rehabilitation centre near you? If you do, please contact them.
Thank u for ur reply!!! I have another pic maybe is better.

Regarding diet, i give them breeding paste, a simple one just the egg oste and also with almonds, i put them oats, spinach (that they actually love) and seeds i have around for my lovebird, any advise with food pls let me know!
Also they eat and drink very well, one of them is ready to go, i had 3 and one its already free , these two were slower..now just the litrle one seems lime not flying much :\

And not rescue around for nothing, one of them i found it and the other two a local pet store called me that they were in danger , so i also bring them home :(

Lucy

Moving in
Real Name
emilia

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Birds raised indoors can’t really be released- they don’t know how to find food or do the things they need to do to stay safe and healthy out in the wild.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Egg, almonds, oats, spinach and seeds will lack essential vitamins and minerals. Are these birds getting any kind of supplement?

If they're happy to perch on your hand, then they're too tame to be released into the wild. Birds intended to be released must be reared with an absolute minimum of human contact so that they don't become habituated to humans.