• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why does my cocktail do this?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I can’t actually see what is in the picture as my phone never wants to load the full attachment for some reason so I have to enlarge and they go blurry then. Lol

I’m guessing it will be a typical cockatiel cutesy weirdo behaviour like hanging upside down like a crazy bat or something similar. Happy cockatiels do lots of strange and entertaining stuff:)

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
My guess is territorial, but I'm not sure.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
My girl does this often in the morning when she's let out for the first time, and sometimes during the day. As long as it isn't paired with aggressive behaviour/body language I interpret it as happy, full-of-herself behaviour. Partly showing off and also just flapping those strong wings cuz it feels so good :)

TaliArtyom

Meeting neighbors
My girl does this often in the morning when she's let out for the first time, and sometimes during the day. As long as it isn't paired with aggressive behaviour/body language I interpret it as happy, full-of-herself behaviour. Partly showing off and also just flapping those strong wings cuz it feels so good :)
Well her crest is up when she does that but she doesn’t seem aggressive, she has never bit me (except for when I hold food like spinach and she accidentally “eat” my finger, it doesn’t hurt).

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Just happy to be a bird and out of that @#$%^! cage. :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Yay..... on the laptop I can actually see the pic :heart:
Mine used to do that just the same as we stretch and enjoy the feeling. It would always be like big dramatic display of happiness for the freedom of being out of the cage when mine did it, like upside down and snaking the head about to check who was watching how cool she was....omg it was such fun to watch her let loose when she was in those moods. She would always be in really high spirits and swoop every one and everything she could just for fun when she did this fancy display after being let out of the cage.

TaliArtyom

Meeting neighbors
The only weird thing is that she does it inside the cage too, I read somewhere online that she could be claiming her nest she’s almost 11 months old

BreezyTiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erica
My female does this. I haven't really seen my male do it at all. I call it the 'Eagle Pose'. :) your tiel is probably just trying to stretch its wings.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine does it wherever she can :laughin: As she isn't particularly territorial or aggressive I just interpret it as her being an incurable show off! Sometimes she has a flap around to exercise her wings too.

I will add that she tends go do it on the things she's most fond of.