• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Why do I bother making sure there are enough sleepy huts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
All my five have been offered the chance of using a sleep hut, but the only one still with one in his cage is Rambo the Timneh Grey.
The fourth one he has gone through has lasted the longest. The inside is just torn apart and the fastners are sawn off on a regular basis with his sharp little beak, but he insists on using it as a swing by sitting on the roof outside and swinging it like crazy when he feels like it. Plus he sleeps on the rooftop!
The swing provided for this pasttime is ignored and just used as a means of getting from A to B. They do know their own minds don't they?:rofl:

ferdinand

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Just got another, larger one...we will see if they use it or prefer to squish in the small one :)

Pics of the new hut w/ old ones and a nosey sun conure and a wet black capped. ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Just got another, larger one...we will see if they use it or prefer to squish in the small one :)

Pics of the new hut w/ old ones and a nosey sun conure and a wet black capped. ;)
i can't believe that colored wooden ladder has survived at your house! Tequila destroyed it in a day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.