• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who has MALE Cockatoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Marie has a big manly beak;) Whether male or female, he is handsome.. and I think by looks alone, he does look manly!:heart::hehe:

Last edited:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
:rofl:

Jennifer I love that photo of Dino in a box!!

Bunch of salt and vinegar chips here. :lol:

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
Luigi is a 5 year old male G2 who is full of life and love. There is never a dull as long as he is around. We all love him to pieces.
The first photo is one the day he arrived (3 months ago) and the second was taken in the last few days.

Attachments

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Here's Reggie Lou Yoo Hoo coming in to be counted!:) He's all male, all the time. He even has that tattoo under the right wing to prove it!:)

Attachments

happybirds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jan
Hello Everyone. I have a few male cockatoos.
Sammie - 20 y/o M2.

Mikalia - 16 y/o U2

Lover Boy - 30 y/o M2

Ollie - 14 y/o U2 and Gabby 15 y/o U2

Merlyn 18 y/o U2 - sorry no pic

Everyone but Ollie have been surrendered to me over the years. Sammie was an out of control M2 who's owner was petrified of him. A couple of years after he came, he had his wing amputated due to a neuroma on the ulnar nerve. Mikalia was a face biter - he is still unpredictable, but has yet to bite me. Lover Boy lost his owner and was surrendered by the surviving spouse he bounce around a little until he ended up in the hands of South Jersey Bird Club adoption coordinator who called me and sent him home with me. Ollie is 14 and I've had him since he was 6 mos old. Gabby is 15 he was purchased for children who got tired of taking care of him. Most of these guys have been with me at least 10 years. There is also a female Goffins (Sheela) who is a minimum of 18 years old. The flock is rounded out with an Amazon (27) and several conures (2 at about 10 y/o) and 1 at 22 y/o.

They all are of course sexually mature males. The only one I have to watch is Gabby as he tends to lunge unexpectedly during his season. Ollie - poor boy just doesn't know what to do with himself. Sammie - he only adores hubby. LB - he never seems to change whether it is his breeding season or not. Mikalia - now he is one sexy dude with his slow methodical approach to it all - gotta get him off me after only a few minutes till he calms down. Merlyn - he hasn't a clue. Sheela - poor dear, you can't even look at her without her beginning to pant during her season.

Last edited:

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
Marie has a big manly beak;) Whether male or female, he is handsome.. and I think by looks alone, he does look manly!:heart::hehe:
LOL I agree, she is the biggest U2 I have ever seen too :)

:rofl:

Jennifer I love that photo of Dino in a box!!

Bunch of salt and vinegar chips here. :lol:
LOL me too haha thats my fav. pic of him and his favorite toy :)
Here's Reggie Lou Yoo Hoo coming in to be counted!:) He's all male, all the time. He even has that tattoo under the right wing to prove it!:)
Aww I LOVE ducorps Toos they are my favorite!

wolfysluv

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
rebecca stout
what are some of the trait diff between boys and girls (toos)

tyger9791

Meeting neighbors
Dominic my rescued U2. sorry about the cage pics, he looks like he's begging to be let out of jail! I just grabbed the camera quick while he was dancing in his cage, these are the first few pics of Dom I have in his new cage.
He is quite a character, he cusses and mutters when he's upset or grumpy. in the second pic i caught him dancing...he sings and dances a lot. i leave the radio on for him when i'm at work and when i come home he sometimes will just yell out some lyrics from a song he's heard that day.

Birdtoyman

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Sam H
TJ the Moluccan is 22 years old very sweet.

Max is 13 years old has a huge vocabulary very sweet.

happybirds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jan
I so love seeing all the pictures of the cockatoos. Funny, how only Cockatoos and Conures peak my interest. Have no desire for other species. They are all beautiful, but only the cockies/conures have my heart

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Heather he is beautiful! Please, Can you tell us a bit about his personality?:D

Last edited:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Woo hooo what a head turner Micha is!

Beautiful bird, I am with Mercedez I want to hear about his personality (please). :D

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
I'm really a cockatoo person- I just adore the "toos"- all kinds! So I heard from a friend that a "dealer" (I don't know if this is the right name for them) was going out of business and needed to get rid of all of their stock. Bascially it was a couple (married) that would buy babies out of the egg and then hand-feed them and sell them at a profit when they were weaned. They had already bought this years babies when they decided they were getting a divorce. So they needed to sell all of the babies ASAP. One of the babies was Micah. Normally I wouldn't be able to afford a MM2, but I made a deal with them and was able to get him. I got him when he was still being handfed, and he was a needy baby! He did have some issues with being handfed (very nippy, and crying constantly)- but after he weaned he turned into a perfect gentleman. He's more flightly then my other birds, I'm not sure if he needs more exposure, or if that's just his personality- I'm thinking its his personality. He is spooked more easily then the "big" (m2, u2) toos in the room. If I bring in a new toy or something, everyone else is ready to check it out and he's more leary of it. Could be his age too. He has more of a "small too" personality (like a goffins) then a big too (like a u2). He loves getting his neck petted- but he doesn't like his crest messed with. He's starting to like games more, like peek-a-boo.
Since I got him when he was pretty young, he's still developing his personality, but he's a really cute guy. And my GOSH! He the biggest wood chewer I have! He goes through more than my moluccan or my umbrella!
I would compare his personality to either like a goffin or a LSC, and he's about that size too. I don't know why people say they don't make good pets- although he hasn't hit his hormones yet, so I can't give a complete picture. But he's a wonderful little guy!

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
Sure! My friend has a REALLY nice camera and so when she comes over I'm graced with good pictures of all my pets! Of course then there is my 10 year old camera...which does the job...sometimes...:rolleyes:
(the last picture is when he was a *baby*)

Attachments

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Aren't they little buzz saws? Especially for their size. You'd never guess they can plow through the amount of wood they do. This is my absolute dream bird. He's gorgeous!:)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Please tell him he has lots of fans here :)

Amazing they chew so much wood, does he talk at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.