• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Who has a bird that is blind in one or both eyes

parrotluv

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Zoe has adjust amazingly well. After the third surgery it did not reopen. We ended up removing the base stand of her cage and replaced with a homemade wooden stand that lowered the cage about 6 in. I was so nervous about her flying and crashing. When she does fly she does tend to crash so doesn't attempt a less spooked. When she is out I try to have her play on a low stand, and lately she has started to like to just run around on the floor, which she never really wanted to do. And when she does fly now she is starting to put on the brakes better too. Inside her cage I have left all perches in same position and only change toys around. You would not know she is blind and I don't regret getting this done. She is now pain free and being her usual bratty self.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Zoe has adjust amazingly well. After the third surgery it did not reopen. We ended up removing the base stand of her cage and replaced with a homemade wooden stand that lowered the cage about 6 in. I was so nervous about her flying and crashing. When she does fly she does tend to crash so doesn't attempt a less spooked. When she is out I try to have her play on a low stand, and lately she has started to like to just run around on the floor, which she never really wanted to do. And when she does fly now she is starting to put on the brakes better too. Inside her cage I have left all perches in same position and only change toys around. You would not know she is blind and I don't regret getting this done. She is now pain free and being her usual bratty self.
That is the magic of the animal spirit. They don't know or care that they are handicapped. They just deal with it and move on. Great update. :hug8:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Good to hear! Hugs to Zoe! :hug8: