• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

White lump on canary chick's neck

Plustwo

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello, this is my first forum post and first time looking after baby canaries ever so I'm worried all the time. I spotted a white lump on one of my 3-4 day old canary chicks. There are some images of canary chicks with crops but this chick's looks like it's popped. All 3 chicks are still moving and the mother sits on them nearly all the time. Should I try treating the chick? Is this an infection? Help!

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Aviphile

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
DeeDee
Hello, this is my first forum post and first time looking after baby canaries ever so I'm worried all the time. I spotted a white lump on one of my 3-4 day old canary chicks. There are some images of canary chicks with crops but this chick's looks like it's popped. All 3 chicks are still moving and the mother sits on them nearly all the time. Should I try treating the chick? Is this an infection? Help!
Looks like crop status, that is the canaries crop not emptying and the food if fermenting which means there is air in the crop. I would give the mom some water with Braggs apple cider vinegar (with the mother) 1 tsp to 16 ounces (pint) of distilled or filtered water. If you are able to offer the baby a few drops of the apple cider vinegar/water from an eye dropper or a syringe.