• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

White Capped Pionus for rehome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cox

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi, I have a White capped pionus that due to economic issues I must rehome.
For financial reasons I have had to start staying out of the home a lot, and poor Grady is suffering for it.
I can't bear that he isn't getting the attention that he deserves. I leave before dark most mornings and return after.
I would like to find a good home with a responsible bird owner who is familar with the quirks of a pionus. And able to spend time with him. A very mild, quiet, and sometimes shy bird.
He is a sweet bird, is shy with strangers at first and is healthy.
He is on a diet of pellets, fresh and cooked foods and some seed.
His hatch date is july 4, 2005.
I would be picky about his rehoming. I would require a rehoming fee, that would be negotiable.
I am located in mid/east Tennessee.

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I am so sorry you are having to make this decision. I'm afraid I can't help you with Grady, but I will pray for you that the perfect home will come for him. Good luck.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:( Sorry to hear that you must rehome Grady.. but I understand. Hope you are able to find the right home.

Cox

Checking out the neighborhood
I know, it is killing me but I Am already seeing the changes in him from being gone so much.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
There's also a WCP for rehoming in Canada. Best of luck in finding a home for your bird. :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There's also a WCP for rehoming in Canada. Best of luck in finding a home for your bird. :)
Are you thinking of adopting a white capped pionus Titanis?:)

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
Cox if you wouldnt mind pm'ing me your info I might be able to help. I have a few connections across TN.

zoomama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Another idea might be to join the pionus parrot forum at pionusparrot.com It's run by Jan (she's a member here, and has bred all types of pi's. There are forum areas for each of the types of pi's, and classifieds, including rehomes. It has a fairly decent amount of traffic for people interested in pi's, so it might be worth putting the word out there. There is also a pi group on Yahoo that you could put the word out on. Hope this helps.

fid fanatic

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cheri
I have been wanting a Pionus for some time now. It's too bad I'm not closer to you. I'd take him in a heartbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.