• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which Pellet?

StormRyder360

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hannah
Hi guys!

I'm looking at swapping my green cheek Lilly, to Roudybush pellets. She is currently eating Zupreem. Which one would be best, and why?

The Roudybush Daily Maintenance Crumble or the Roudybush Daily Maintenance Small Bird Pellet? Whats the difference between a crumble and a pellet? The site I'm buying from has just started selling the low far pellets and crumbles, would this be better for my greenie? She isn't overweight.

Thanks!

Gazimon

Sprinting down the street
If she isn't overweight and with no abnormal health issues, then stick to the Daily Maintenance variety. Crumble / Small refers just to pellet sizes.

That said, some birds like larger or smaller than average. I would suggest the size closest to the current Zupreem size you are using.

I would also suggest considering keeping Zupreem in the diet, even if a smaller ratio than previously, just in case either pellet batch has issues/ stock availability/ change in formulations that may make birds stop eating pellets for whatever reason.
If the Zupreem you are feeding has colours that affect the poop, can try the Natural version that has no colors.

The other Roudybush variety you can try is California Blend, though its a bit more limited in pellet sizes.
California Blend: A wholesome blend of dried peaches, apricots, plums, bell peppers, carrots, tomatoes, and cabbage combined with Roudybush Daily Maintenance pellets

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It you contact Roudybush, they can send you samples to see which your bird prefers ;)

Daily Maintenance would be my vote.

StormRyder360

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hannah
Thanks! I had no idea they did that! I'll have to message them and ask