• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Which Parrot is your best TOY appreciator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:p In my home it would be Mabel Mac.:p I always feel super pleased when I come home to see that she has eaten all the food in her bowl and filled it very high with wood chips. She really adores Rosie Toy Wood. I think I may have to purchase a Tsunami and a Big Bang for her if the pieces aren't too thick.:D

Truth be told, seeing all the destroyed wood makes me feel like she worked as hard as I did all day. Difference is that she used her beak and I used my brain.:p:rofl::p I have no clue what the other two do when I'm not at home.:p Probably perch and eat bonbons all day!!:laughing12:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Good thread! :) You are always so creative with thinking of topics- :) Proabably Kiwi is the most then it would be the conures then the cockatiels. Kiwi starts playing with a toy the second I put it in his cage, LOL!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Bea is good because she chips away at wood all day, she is a productive player.
Kiwi and Newman are good because they work very hard at cotton knots and beads, they think about their toys.
The tiel is a perch potato :(

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Dink is my #1 wood appreciator- he chews wood others don't. Capri is my #1 toy investigator- she checks toys out before I even finish hanging them up!

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Definitely Luna--she's my adventurous girl. She's not scared of new toys and will try most anything. The linnies play a little but haven't begun to fully appreciate their toys. They are still babies, so maybe that will change.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
My Mitthu will appreciate any kind of toy especially shreddables and won't rest until its gone. she truly plays and enjoys
Chhotu on the other hand is not much of a player she'll chip wood coin that in but ONLY in her foraging box!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well I know you arent a small bird snob Saemma...so have you ever seen budgies at play>?> these guys are NUTS..they play play play and love their toys

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Rosco (Caique) - wings down - is our most productive player *sigh* But at least he's a great toy tester :) He gets a new toy every few days now, so his rotation definitely deters any boredom and from destroying his toys TOO quickly.

Merlin is great when he has a good variety of toys to play with - then he's also a typical grey, and is afraid of certain toys for weeks, and all of a sudden goes to town & demolishes them once he figures out the new toy is actually fun (this occurs with newly introduced materials - I try to put the new materials with some Merlin pre-approved materials when introducing new toys). Now that I have a huge selection of materials (over 60 to date), he's been a lot more interactive with his toys.

Stryder (cockatiel) is playful, but not when one is looking at him. I just ensure there is raffia and sisal on each of his toys, and he loves it.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Toy appreciator, eh? It would have to be Sonny Sunshine :) with Elvis a close second.

birdstuff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claudia
My only big player is Tootsie (senie) She loves everything once she realizes the toy is not a threat and the bigger mess she can make shredding and making a mess the better.

Great thread Saemma!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Simba for sure,Nala just likes to bang toys around. Simba will actually destory them.

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
Willie my Illigers. He will go straight to a new toy and sometimes doesn't stop working on it until it's nearly destroyed.

Pumpkin

Real Name
Tracy
My Kiwi the Sennie is hard on toys, goes until they are done. I buy him large toys & he can still destroy them in a day or two.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh goodness that would be hands down my little Daisy.. She destroys and demolishes her toys! But then again isn't a cockatiel just a little cockatoo in disguise? :rofl:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Pretty is mine she loves her toys. Prince and Princess are always quick to check out any new ones though.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Oh everyone actually. Chiquita, Boomer and Aly all love their toys to bits.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I would have to say Mikey and Maria:hug8::hug8:

CosmoKramer

Real Name
Zach
Emmy wins this one! She was quick to investigate every toy, and destroy them all.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Its probably a tie between Archie and Calypso!
Archie can go through toys and LOVES them. Ella likes to play with toys...but she's had a yucca log she has been working on for some time now and she seems to spend her days trying to completely hollow the thing out, so her other toys have been left relatively untouched now.

But Calypso? Especially since she has been cage-bound much more often now, has clearly been taking it out on her toys. She seriously must play nonstop.

Status
Not open for further replies.