• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where can I get a Manzanita Tree Stand????

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikkiLS

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
I have been looking and looking for a manzanita play gym for my Green Wing. I know they are a bit pricey but I need to get one. Where can I get it for the best buy?? I was going to make my own with a safe wood but I think unless it manzanita he will chew right threw it. Would really appreciate some help.

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I bought one and Diego hated it. It is dismantled in my shed now. He was very uncomfortable on it because it was too slippery.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
They are pretty pricey. I have found some beautiful ones at bird specialty stores, but they were really expensive!

I was fortunate to find a lovely one through Craigs List, so you might check on and off.
Sorry I wasn't much help!

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
I bought one and Diego hated it. It is dismantled in my shed now. He was very uncomfortable on it because it was too slippery.
They are pretty pricey. I have found some beautiful ones at bird specialty stores, but they were really expensive!

I was fortunate to find a lovely one through Craigs List, so you might check on and off.
Sorry I wasn't much help!
I was worried that he wouldn't take to it but I have also seen many that are now sand blasted which I would imagine would help with the slippery part, I have checked craigslist with no luck :(

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Google "Bird on the Rocks" or "Manzanita Burlworks" .. I don't have their links handy at the moment.

They both make gorgeous, sand blasted Manzanita parrot play trees.

I have one from Bird on the Rocks .. best investment I've ever made. I've ordered many perches from Manzanita Burlworks, and their quality is also excellent.

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
I was worried that he wouldn't take to it but I have also seen many that are now sand blasted which I would imagine would help with the slippery part
Sandblasted can help with the slippery part; but there are other things you can do to make manz. stands more "grippable." You can wrap the perching areas in vet wrap or sisal twine or you can sand the branches with very coarse sandpaper to give them a rougher texture.

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
We have the typical Manzanita stands:

Sanblasted Manzanita Tabletop Parrot and Bird Tree

Sandblasted Mazanita Bird Play Stand Parrot Tree

Octagonal Sandblasted Manzanita Bird Play Stand Parrot Tree

(We can get plenty more Manz. trees; I'll add those to the site now & edit this post when I get them up

And the more affordable (but just as high quality) Islandwood Stands:

Islandwood Tabletop Parrot and Bird Stand

Islandwood Floor Parrot and Bird Stand
Well the Islandwood floor is a much more reasonable price... Is it as durable? Would the large be big enough for a greenwing macaw? The description uses much smaller birds as examples...

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
I personally like the Parrot towers. You can get them on Bird.com I just bought some vet wrap and wrapped the plastic perches so Alec and Aros don't slide around. Here's a picture of mine.

I've wrapped all the perches since this. Ignore the mess this was just before christmas and I was searching for boxes and stocking them in my room.

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
Well the Islandwood floor is a much more reasonable price... Is it as durable? Would the large be big enough for a greenwing macaw? The description uses much smaller birds as examples...
Oh yeah! Islandwood is very nice, it's strong like Manzanita so your Macaw won't chew it apart, but it's not as slippery. Let me check to make sure that the large is big enough for a GW.. I'll let you know!

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Oh yeah! Islandwood is very nice, it's strong like Manzanita so your Macaw won't chew it apart, but it's not as slippery. Let me check to make sure that the large is big enough for a GW.. I'll let you know!
Watching this too!

I never have enough stands. :D

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
I bought Jack a bottlebrush gym from the Golden Cockatoo and he loves it. You can read about the benefits of bottlebrush and if he chews threw the stand you can replace just the wood part. Jack plays on his all day every day. It was a little pricey, but they offer free shipping over $99 and they are super nice to deal with. I realized very quickly we needed a big sturdy playgym here. I have a sandblasted manzanita stand for Luca and Jack does not like it, he doesn't appear "comfortable" on it. The parrot stands from bird.com are not sturdy enough for a macaw in my opinon. I had one for Zoe and it was a little flimsy for her activity level, I can't imagine what Jack would do to one.

renaelock

Strolling the yard
I've got the island wood and I love it, the only negative is my second one had lots of the wood adhesive to make the branches stronger by the trunk. I did end up putting vet wrap around some spots for more traction for my red bellied and I put wheels on it but I love it!

birdontherocks

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
John
I build all of my ( Bird on the Rocks) tree stands. I sell many to green wing owners and they are very happy with their purchases. I use the finest sandblasted wood that I have seen on the market. I install many stainless steel eye hooks and also a stainless steel toy hanger. I also make feeder cups that I can mount on the tree stand that will hold up against the best of the greenwings. One of the nicest things about my tree stands is that it ships completely assembled. All you have to do is screw the tree base plate to the base and you are all set.
Please call and I can work out something special for an AA member.

Best,
John

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
I can attest to the quality of John's tree stands .. the detail is amazing!

Some well thought out selling points ...

All the drill holes are plugged with wood plugs so your birds don't try to get to the screw or chew around them.

He installs a lot of eye hooks to hang toys from, plus, an extremely heavy duty toy hook .. seriously .. you could hang a person from his hooks.

Very heavy feeder cups, bolted thru the wood .. they ain't goin' anywhere!!

The base is laminate, very easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth, and the whole base is on heavy casters, easy to move.

The manzanita isn't slippery at all, he sandblasts the heck outta it .. excellent gripping for birds.

However, the number #1, and most important reason I purchased my tree stand from John was for a design concept I've only seen on his stands <and I shopped at least a dozen different makers before making the investment>. Many of the these tree stand have much more "vertical" .. up and down, type branches. We all know that typically, a bird is just going to go to the highest perch and hang out there. John's stands are completely different, he designs them with a ton of "horizontal" play space. Meaning, your bird's not stuck on just one or perches at the top. They have a lot of area going across the tree, as well as up and down.

IMHO .. he makes the best stand in the market .. hands down. Not to mention, he's just a cool guy, and will bust a gut to make it perfect for you.

I build all of my ( Bird on the Rocks) tree stands. I sell many to green wing owners and they are very happy with their purchases. I use the finest sandblasted wood that I have seen on the market. I install many stainless steel eye hooks and also a stainless steel toy hanger. I also make feeder cups that I can mount on the tree stand that will hold up against the best of the greenwings. One of the nicest things about my tree stands is that it ships completely assembled. All you have to do is screw the tree base plate to the base and you are all set.

Best,
John

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

Best,
John
I can attest to the quality of John's tree stands .. the detail is amazing!

Some well thought out selling points ...

All the drill holes are plugged with wood plugs so your birds don't try to get to the screw or chew around them.

He installs a lot of eye hooks to hang toys from, plus, an extremely heavy duty toy hook .. seriously .. you could hang a person from his hooks.

Very heavy feeder cups, bolted thru the wood .. they ain't goin' anywhere!!

The base is laminate, very easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth, and the whole base is on heavy casters, easy to move.

The manzanita isn't slippery at all, he sandblasts the heck outta it .. excellent gripping for birds.

However, the number #1, and most important reason I purchased my tree stand from John was for a design concept I've only seen on his stands <and I shopped at least a dozen different makers before making the investment>. Many of the these tree stand have much more "vertical" .. up and down, type branches. We all know that typically, a bird is just going to go to the highest perch and hang out there. John's stands are completely different, he designs them with a ton of "horizontal" play space. Meaning, your bird's not stuck on just one or perches at the top. They have a lot of area going across the tree, as well as up and down.

IMHO .. he makes the best stand in the market .. hands down. Not to mention, he's just a cool guy, and will bust a gut to make it perfect for you.

this is fantastic info and I have tucked it away (until I recover from the Sidewalk Sale :hehe:)

Thanks!

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
You're quite welcome!!

I had the pleasure of meeting John at Chicagoland's largest bird fair <TASC> last year .. his work is simply amazing.

We talk about quality vs. money .. and his stuff way surpasses what you spend, just like Mother Pluckin' and Rosie Swings .. same deal.

this is fantastic info and I have tucked it away (until I recover from the Sidewalk Sale :hehe:)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.