• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What would you do?

Which idea do you like best?

• Idea #1

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Idea #2

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Idea#3

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • None of the above (please explain :)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Right now the quakers are in a 24"Wx26"L cage, the lovebird and cockatiel (raised together) are in a 24x22 dome top cage, and Beeba is in a 40x30playtop cage. I personally want the quakers and the tiel & lovie to be in bigger cages. And I just convinced my mom to allow me to purchase them a bigger cage :)

Idea Number 1:
We were thinking of putting the quakers and the lovie and tiel in a double stacker cage:

Double Stack Flight Cage - Presented by BirdsComfort.com

and keep Beeba(Mollucan cockatoo) in her 40x30.

Idea number 2:

Or put Beeba and the quakers in a 40x30 double stacker cage:

Large Double Stack Cages - Presented by BirdsComfort.com

And Lovie and tiel in this cage:

HQ Flight Bird Cage - Presented by BirdsComfort.com

Idea number 3:

But then the idea came up of getting a 36x24 triple stacker. The 'tiel and lovie would occupy the top cage, the quakers the middle and Beeba would use the bottom cage as a night cage(or when my mom goes to a doctors appt or grocery shopping, which takes no more than 3-4 hrs out of the day).

And getting a 37x27 King Large table stand:

King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More

For when Beeba is out of the cage.

Beeba's cage is ALWAYS open, Beeba is always ontop of her 40x30 playtop, or with my mom outside in one of the outdoor cages, or on the grass gardening with my mom. Beeba seldom leaves my moms site. So Beeba is never out of my moms bedroom to be on any of the playstands in the house.

I was thinking Beeba would have more enrichment being on this playstand than ontop of a cage top all day.

So what would you do?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Before I vote-- I thought you were getting your lovie that other cage? The double one? Is that no longer in the picture?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Before I vote-- I thought you were getting your lovie that other cage? The double one? Is that no longer in the picture?
The 48" divider cage is for my Squid (parrotlet) :)

These other cages mentioned above are just for my mom.:) She is limited on space in her room, so Im trying to find bigger cages that meets their demands but yet meets my mom's space limits.

I already know what Im doing for my birds, cage wise (I think... lol).:cool1:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

The 48" divider cage is for my Squid (parrotlet) :)

These other cages mentioned above are just for my mom.:) She is limited on space in her room, so Im trying to find bigger cages that meets their demands but yet meets my mom's space limits.

I already know what Im doing for my birds, cage wise (I think... lol).:cool1:
Oooh, got it! Okay, will think about this and vote :)

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
"...............So what would you do?.........
I would buy a roll of aviary wire 1/2" x 3" GAW or 1/2" x 1", a pair of flush type wire cutters and some hog rings or J-clips and build my own cages any size & shape that I would want (bigger the better of course).

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
What about idea #2 but with a playstand? you could put beeba in the bottom and the quakers on top (can they be ok in a 1" space cage??) with the other 2 in the flight cage. that way Beeba would get out, even to a playstand and not have to worry about light or being stuck on the bottom all the time...

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I would buy a roll of aviary wire 1/2" x 3" GAW or 1/2" x 1", a pair of flush type wire cutters and some hog rings or J-clips and build my own cages any size & shape that I would want (bigger the better of course).
That's what I would do too. Those little boxes they call cages just don't cut the mustard with me either. :hug8:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm stuck between #2 & #3 so I'll say either one of those!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
My mom wouldn't go for that.:(

Thanks everyone for the responces, my mom and I discussed it and she want the stacker flight cage and a play stand for Beeba.

Last edited:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison

My mom wouldn't go for that.:(

Thanks everyone for the responces, my mom and I discussed it and she want the stacker flight cage and a play stand for Beeba.

Great choice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.