• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What went wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
He could have also picked up on some kind of threat/vibe that the humans missed that made him upset. I'm sorry.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm sorry that happened and that your mom made you feel bad. :(

I definitely agree with everyone else, that if he has a designated sleep cage, that will help with overnights because he'll have a place to sleep that he's comfortable in.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You've gotten some great suggestions. I just wanted to add that my mom says my animals run my life too :) , and that my Hahn's have their own 24x24" sleep cage at my parents' house complete with sleep huts and familiar toys. They go right to sleep when I have them there. It may partly be because they have each other, though. They're pretty unflappable as long as they're together...

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That was quite a learning experience! It's good it happened where you were able to change plans and take him home. Now you can make adjustments and try it again. Maybe even initiating your mom's 'help' by having another deliberate sleep over when you're ready. Approaching it with "Hey mom, guess what I learned from my last visit...and I'd like you to maybe help me test this out.." You never know, it just may soften her. :hug8:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I feel like she resents Kiwi because he doesn't like her. He will go to almost anyone, yet he bites her till she bleeds. She really is an animal lover, but I think her feelings are hurt, but she needs to start showing it in a different way.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I feel like she resents Kiwi because he doesn't like her. He will go to almost anyone, yet he bites her till she bleeds. She really is an animal lover, but I think her feelings are hurt, but she needs to start showing it in a different way.
I think maybe Kiwi picked up on your Mom's negative energy. Hopefully,your Mom can work on turning that negative energy into positive energy. That would be a good thing for her,Kiwi,and you...

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I think maybe Kiwi picked up on your Mom's negative energy. Hopefully,your Mom can work on turning that negative energy into positive energy. That would be a good thing for her,Kiwi,and you...
I think I need to just keep them apart. Kiwi keeps biting her, and she isn't willing to work with him. Now, whenever she sees him, she calls him a mean bird :(

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry that your mom thinks Kiwi is mean,I know exactly how you feel. My mom pretty much says the exact things about Simba,he hates her something terrible. I hope that your mom will change her mind and be willing to work with him to forge a friendship.

Status
Not open for further replies.