• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*K*J*B*

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kylee
What should I feed my budgies? They are all still young (under 8 mos) and were on a strictly seed diet when I got them. I've been trying to convert them to pellets and they are doing well with that. Right now, I'm mixing the two together and increasing the amount of pellets a little every few days.

What should I offer them in addition to the pellets though? I want them to get everything they need, but I am a new parront and still learning.

Last edited:

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Ive been told that smaller birds like budgies and tiels shouldnt be on solely pellets, and do need seed! (Just learnt from AA recently when I acquired a tiel)

But my budgies get a great seed mix with dried fruit and no dyes - plus they get daily mixes of veggies and scrambled eggs and such. (Carrots, Romaine, Apples, zuchini, cucumber, broccoli, etc)

*K*J*B*

Real Name
Kylee
Thank you so much for that info! I will not completely remove the seed! I will just continue to feed a mixture. Thank you for the other suggestions as well. How small do you chop the veggies for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.