• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What time is bedtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm curious to know what time you tuck your feathered babies in?

I tuck mine in at 8 or 8:15 pm and wake up time is usually around 7 or 7:30am so I can spend as much time as possible with them in the morning before going to work.:p Mornings are quite busy here.:hehe::D

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I try to make bed time be 8:30 here, but I have them up at 6:30 for breakfast and such, and then they snooze until Paul gets up, which is around 9 :)

Magic

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
mine go to bed about 9pm thru the week and weekends its 10 pm they get up around 9am thru the week and 10am weekends

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Birds in the birds room lights out at 9 pm. they usually wake up completely and for the day at 7 am (they'll chirp off an on from 6-7 while my daughter is getting ready for school - they're actually my "alarm" I know if she doesn't get up after I go wake her up I go in wake her up turn her light on and leave her room and shut the door IF they make no chirping sound within 5 mins of me going back to my room I know she hasn't came out of her room because they chirp every time she opens her door because of the light LOL

the Doves and Nibbles(cockatiel) in my sons room also go to bed at 9 and wake up at the same time as the ones in the birds room

Billy & Gumby in the living room go to bed on their own no later than 9 and if you make too much noise you will get screamed at, Billy will come out from under his tent Screaming his head off until you quiet down! they wake up around 8ish

Kaycee is in my room and goes to bed between 9-10:30 gets up around 8ish

Sheba (my dog I know you said birds but she has a bed time too lol) gets put in her crate and its covered just like the birds (except bird room birds) at 9 pm and she gets me back up for the day around 9ish

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Up at dawn 6:30am. To bed at 6:30 pm. Give or take 1/2 an hour.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Always at 6:30 - 7 pm...they are up between 7:30 - 8 am.
Sometimes in summer, they stay up till 8.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
My guys go to sleep around 9-9:30pm and wake up about 7am. On the weekends I make sure they have pellets in their cages so I get to sleep a little while longer. Like 8am at latest.

Nailrep

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Cindy
Mine get up around 9am. Go to bed between 7:30 and 8:30 pm depending on how quickly i get thru dinner and clean up.

Becca0406

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rebecca
Since I got sick and do not work any more the birds tell me when they want to go to bed and when they want up. Usually they start getting really loud and MacGuyver starts rining his bell between 8:30 pm and 9. Then they want up (lights on and fresh food) between 9 - 10 AM... I try hard to sleep when they do and up when they are. My husband is on a different schedule and they never wake when he gets up at 5 am for work.

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
In between 8:00 & 8:30pm and if I forget....well, Tiki starts reminding me with little chirps.....She needs her beauty sleep ;)

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Dusk. :)
I've been letting my guys experience natural light cycles lately. I've been turning off all the lights at dusk (when I'm home) and do not cover them anymore so they can get themselves up with the sun.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
Opey , Niki and Pepper are in bed by 8:30 pm , now Rudy wants her cuddles before she turns in for the night (very spoiled little girl) so she is bed by 9pm sometimes 9:15pm and they all get covered
they don't usually wake up until 9:30 or 10am (lucky me I have sleep in birds lol)

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
They all go in their cages at 8pm for last-minute eating, then I remove bowls and clean the cages, so lights-out is usually around 8:45-9pm, depending on how much they trashed the room during the day LOL. We get them up about 9-9:30am.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I have been better about getting them to bed by about 9:30, but they hate it. They know it's coming and I have to hold them like a football to get them to their respective places and shut the door....fast! It makes me wonder if they don't have owl in their blood.
In the wee morning, if I am up and about, Ollie can be heard squawking, " hullo....HULLO!" and he's ready to come out, even if it's 3:00 a.m.!

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
My birds go to bed at 7:30pm, I cover them and then turns the lights off. They are uncovered and up at 8:00am.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
7:30 is bedtime for Hiram and hes up by 7 in the mornings.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Tango puts himself to bed about 7:30 every night. Jasper usually about 8pm. They are awake and making quiet noises about 6:30 am and dont really start yelling for breakfast until they hear me move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.