• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What size perches for Prevue F040??

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So I just popped over to Critter Jungle and 1) wow! Great selection! 2) they do have the Prevue F040, it's $400, which seemed like a bit much?? It's $347 on Amazon. I got to look at it in person and I think I would be a little concerned about those non-locking doors...? They open so easily and there are so many of them on the sides, I can't imagine they would hold up to a curious budgie pushing against them??
You can zip tie the side doors closed :) never had a green cheek or conure get out of them though! I actually made mine into feeder doors by adding bolt on bowls. Quicklinks help secure the front doors if you have an escape artist

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
In person stores have more overhead than Amazon. It makes sense it’d be more. I saw that & thought it fair.

I zip tied my side doors closed as suggested.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I have 2 f040s, I got one at a local place for 160 and one on Amazon for 100. I don't think I'd use it for anything bigger than a gcc but it's a great budget option.

I also just ziptie the side doors shut.