• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What should use to sand down stainless steel?

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
this is where us stupid people take the guard off :rnfrt:, but im saying a no to that for you.
I knew someone would say this and I was only tempted to do so for a nanosecond...

And you are so right about the drill rotating in your hand, my arms and wrists are okay and maybe a little stronger than the avarage person I would say because I practice yoga but it can still give it a little kick if it slides. I will be much gentler with this.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
This kind of disk works too. Rubber back plate with some fine metal grade paper on it.

View attachment 349615 View attachment 349616
I can see the perches in the background! :dance4: :dance2:

I have this attachment for my drill, I wonder if they make coarse enough paper for this type of work. I'll check tomorrow when I go to get the right flap disk. Maybe I can use this if I'm still intimidated tomorrow.

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Guys, I got to use my angle grinder for the first time today and I must tell you, it is INSANE! And that is inasanely good I mean! It is a one pass job and all the edges are smooth as can be! Also it is much less dangerous to use than a drill with a steel brush attached if handles properly I think. It is just the noise that is a bit off putting but really, it was a very good decision to go the angle grinder way! I'll post photos tomorrow!
:smileflower: