• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what others species can poice be putogether in a big flight cage

MichaelRay

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Michael ray
Hi All,

I have question let us say If I raise a chick of Poice Jardine, cockatiel, Show budgies Small conure pyrruha family and Monk Parakeets together from babies can they be put together in the same cage. if we cannot, can some one please explain why not. Also which among these above mentioned species can be put together and which cannot, I can provide a big aviary cage for these birds I mean the maximum 10 ft X 3 ft X 10 ft and more. Kindly help me understand

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Are you a first time bird owner? If do, how are you raising so may chicks yourself?

I think you would be better off focusing on one species and have a nice colony of them... try a family of conures.

A mixed species aviary needs to be big. Those birds wouldn't work together, no matter how they are raised. Conures are nippy and will go after smaller birds and shyer birds when agitated.

You could definitely not keep them in a single indoor cage together.

Just pick one species for now. If you are a first time bird keeper, you should make sure you learn hand feeding etc from people that do it all the time before thinking about raising a chick. Not just one chick, but a whole flock of 5 different species!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Just read your welcome lane thread and seen you have a budgie and cockatiel. Were they hand raised by you?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Some birds are okay flocking together but they all tend to like to have their own territory, especially if their is a mate or nest involved.

African species tend to be less accepting of other parrot families in their territory. Conures and Quakers/monk like other birds, but not in their nesting area.

You run the risk of serious injuries mixing species with different beak sizes and dispositions.