• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What makes people do the things they do????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
I got a call at work last week from a lady who is contracted to clean out office buildings and houses that have been abandoned. The day before she called, she went to a house that has been vacant for about a week. She found alot of junk, but also found a cage with 2 teddy bear hamsters in it. Both still alive but with no food or water. She took them home, went and bought food and litter. She could not keep them so she called me. She brought them to me at work and we looked them over. There is a male and a female. The male is in rough shape, so I have been treating him with Cipro drops to his eyes and baytril injections. The poor baby is not getting any better and I think I am going to have to make the "decision" today. I am off today, but I don't want him to suffer until I go back to work tomorrow. I really hate this. I just don't understand how people can be so cruel. It just amazes me. Sorry I rattled on, but just needed to vent.

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
That is one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever read. :(

I know in Australia when the financial crisis hit that the animal shelters were practically begging people to drop their animals there instead of just leaving them in their homes and moving out without them! How do you take in an animal into your home and then just leave them to die a slow and painful death!? :(

I'm so happy that someone found those two poor hamsters and brought them to you. I'm so sorry that you have to make such a crappy decision because someone else couldn't step up to the plate and take the responsibility of their own pets, but if he's not improving then I guess he would be better off with a peaceful death.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awww the poor little things..how terrible.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is so sad :(

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
That is awful:( People can be so heartless, I don't understand it at all:(

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I don't understand the heartless cruelty in some people. No matter how bad things are there are safe places to take animals and human babies, with no questions asked. You don't let the animals 'free' to try and survive on their own without skills and with predator's everywhere. You don't just abandon a caged animal without food or water, you don't just walk away from pets tied up in a yard to die an awful death. You don't murder babies and leave them in trash cans or dumpsters or just abandon them alive. You don't drown puppies or kittens or toss them in garbage bags on the side of the road like food wrappers. How these people can just do these things, without a thought is beyond me. There need to be stiffer laws for these crimes. I'd rather see a healthy animal pts then to be abandoned to starve and die of thirst. This stuff makes me sick to my stomach and if I ever encountered such a person, I fear I'd spend the rest of my life in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.