• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What kind of playstands does everyone have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Here are some of the hanging and small gyms. All of my guys love boings and you can hang them horizonally too.
PS, excuse my messy bird room. :)

Attachments

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Bill and I (OK...mostly I....) built a manzanita playstand for Abby Elvis and Noodle.

Noodle sort of prefers the sisal boing though...

Last edited:

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Posted before, but here's Danny's below. I'm hoping to find time to make him a natural wood stand for outside but that's a little way off..

Can also be seen, in action, in these videos.. lol.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
This is Remie my U2's favorite: Bottlebrush Playgym Deluxe

I felt it was to small so I bought him this: King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More

He hated it with a passion! Kept on getting off and going back to his bottle-brush gym... Now I have this huge monstrosity in my house that none on the birds like.

So this weekend we bought him this :rolleyes:: Bottlebrush Playgym Large Model 2

He also has his Mother Pluckin' Jumbo Orbit hanging over it, so he is in 7th heaven. :dance4:

Last edited:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Ya know Joanna, that's a great idea :D

We have a TON of birdie safe trees around here..

I know how Manzanita and most playstands are made. I wonder how hard/easy it would be to make one!

I think that'll be my next project!:dance4:
hi mangos isnt fancy but he loves it and was cheap cost ..lol just toys..
the cilinder i just filled with sand went to oh where they sell wood and went in there junk box got a pice put wheels on it now it moves where i want it no problems .
he also has 2 parrot stands ones a table toper the other is on floor tray on big one is 36 in round , the small one my son uses in his tow truck on front seat for mango to se out windows while traveling..lol
it has food dishes so serve many places

just get a branch let then have something real make sure it has a few lims on it..lol

Attachments

cgreenaway

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
I have a few things that my birds enjoy playing on. I have a net hanging on my ceiling as well as a boing, a long ladder, I have a tree that they play on and of course a little activity centre for them to play on. Here are some pics (sorry bad pictures).

Attachments

Terri

Real Name
Terri
That looks REALLY NICE!

Where do you go to get the PVC?
We just picked it up at Home Depot. Extremely cheap. It was like $3 for 6 ft. lengths. The most expensive part is your elbows & T parts.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
I have several playstands, I don't have pics of all of them. I have a huge one broken down in my garage waiting for it to get warmer so I can put it on the back porch. I only have pics of 3 of them :)

clawnz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
I call mine a Play Gym!
As a few of you know I built this Gym for Tweety before I lost her.
It has under gone a few changes, and is now home to Henry, Tinkerbell, and Roxy.
It is mounted on a office chair base.
Wood is Manuka and Paperbark gum. I used Nylon cable ties and screws to hold it together. There are a couple of treat trays and I hang treats for them. Millet, Sweetcorn, Silverbeet, and other natural bits and pieces.
Like today they got Coppersheen and Guavar tops to play with.
I just took this one with the flash, you can see Roxy on the left. Henry in front of Tinkerbell on the right. They have stopped sleeeping behind the little barriers they used to. But back then the top branch they are on was not there.

A older pic

A close up of the Paperbark gum.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Awesome setup Clive :highfive:

Lotsa Birds

Real Name
Sandy
We have 3 that are in the living room, and used everyday. The favorite being the bottlebrush, the large double deluxe model. One is a large pvc, like the one sold at your lucky parrot, the other is a big grapevine stand. I also have a mango stand and a java stand in my bedroom and a few metal stands packed away that we don't use. All the stands have boings, nets or hanging rings above them, which is where my birds spend most of their time.

Sandy

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Honestly, I have no play stands. Squeeky would much rather hang out on my furniture or my computer chair or even my bed lol.

Lex123

I make my own playstands, and I am starting a buisness selling them :)

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
None yet, but Im in the process of makeshifting two out of ordinary things around the house, and I will post them when they are complete. Great inspiration here.

trout

Real Name
Bobby
I have the large round metal King's stand and a homemade PVC stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.