• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Seems like he's just grinding his beak, but it also seems a little different, he's doing it fairly often (of course except when the camera is on him...) He does it one whole time here at about 50 secs in. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
He's happy/ content.:)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Definatly a happy and content sound. Nala does it all the time and sometimes it sounds louder and more "crunchy" I guess you would say.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Yep I agree that is happy beak grinding sound. My two both do this when they are sleepy

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
Yes, sounds like he is happy and content. Sabrina does that before she goes to sleep and sometimes after she eats which usually she goes to sleep after eating. It's a good thing! :)

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Okay, just checking... :rolleyes: Thanks. He was getting ready to fall asleep, makes sense, I was afraid he might have something stuck in his beak. The joys of being a new parront :lol: I can't wait to go back to these threads a year from now and just sit there and giggle. :hehe:

all4stvoyager

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
Yeppers, definitely a beak grind in any language :) Sometimes it can sound more like its grinding something other than beak....its ok. :) Glad you're asking :) I remember when I first brought Mister home. I was the same way. Every new thing he did, I was like "oh.....what was that?" you're doing awesome!

GlassOnion

I thought it was a tiel-only thing, but guess not! :)

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Yeppers, definitely a beak grind in any language :) Sometimes it can sound more like its grinding something other than beak....its ok. :) Glad you're asking :) I remember when I first brought Mister home. I was the same way. Every new thing he did, I was like "oh.....what was that?" you're doing awesome!
Thanks Sara :hug8:

lalagimp

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Yep. content and usually very relaxed.
The girls are doing it on the top of the cage right now curled up together, necks fluffy and it's 10pm.

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
Definately a happy boy. I think if the camera really bothered him he would move away from it and wouldn't beak grind.

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh Yes, definitely a contented and happy little boy who's just about ready to nod off! Not just by the beak grinding but his whole body language and even the kinda 'glazed over' eyes say "I'm happy and sleeeepy" :sleep2: :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.