• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is this sound?

Parrotl3t

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ellen

So, he has been making this sound since I got him. The guy I got him from said he never made this sound before. Is this something I should be worried about? I have never heard a bird do this.

I have a vet appointment this Thursday to have him checked out.

I actually work at a vet (we only see cats & dogs) - one of my vets said she worked at a place that had lorikeets free flying & this was a normal sound. I’m not so sure.....
What do y’all think?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I’m sorry I’m so late to reply!

Ours do not do that, however, it looks to me like he is trying to learn and play with new sounds..they pick up words very quickly!

At this point you probably already saw your vet and hopefully they gave you a better answer.

Katcat

Sitting on the front steps
I’m sorry I’m so late to reply!

Ours do not do that, however, it looks to me like he is trying to learn and play with new sounds..they pick up words very quickly!

At this point you probably already saw your vet and hopefully they gave you a better answer.
I agree, sounds like he might have some kind of infection as a rule they shouldn't make a noise all the time that sounds like they are sick if that makes sense. I hope the vet helped!

Reactions: Ali