• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What else can I add to the cage?

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Hi everyone,

This is currently how I've set up Preeno and Patches' cage. I've been struggling to fill up the bottom. Usually I just put a foraging tray and recently Preeno has lost interest with his jingle ball.

It would be nice to hang something lower down but I don't want to block their flying space too. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

20211126_134317.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I leave the bottom empty as my little guy hardly ever goes down there- he does once every now and then but not a lot.

soundsfun

Walking the driveway
Tofu’s cage is quite bare at the bottom too so I’m watching this thread! I provide foraging trays at the bottom of his cage like you do. When I feed him his chop, I put it on a plate at the bottom also. I placed a couple of perches at the bottom half of the cage, along with his food bowls. All that’s helped to entice him to visit the bottom a lot. But it still looks very bare! And I can’t figure out how to attach toys at the bottom other than attaching them to the side. :shrug:

reetybird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Casper
Hi everyone,

This is currently how I've set up Preeno and Patches' cage. I've been struggling to fill up the bottom. Usually I just put a foraging tray and recently Preeno has lost interest with his jingle ball.

It would be nice to hang something lower down but I don't want to block their flying space too. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 397847
This looks awesome!! In my world, id add a few more foraging toys and that would be it. But if you’d like to leave it there it looks great

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I also leave the lower third empty. Gives space to flap about, and also room to put down foraging trays, plates of veggies, and bowls to bathe in :)

I love the set up :tup:

clarousel

This looks awesome!! In my world, id add a few more foraging toys and that would be it. But if you’d like to leave it there it looks great
Thank you! Yes I've been trying to get inspiration for more foraging toys since my birbs are lazy/unaware to search for seed so it needs to be staring them in the face :roflmao:

reetybird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Casper
Thank you! Yes I've been trying to get inspiration for more foraging toys since my birbs are lazy/unaware to search for seed so it needs to be staring them in the face :roflmao:
Same with my baby!! He just doesn’t harhar, what I’m doing is just putting in some spray mullet and letting it stick out of the toys so he can see it

clarousel

Tofu’s cage is quite bare at the bottom too so I’m watching this thread! I provide foraging trays at the bottom of his cage like you do. When I feed him his chop, I put it on a plate at the bottom also. I placed a couple of perches at the bottom half of the cage, along with his food bowls. All that’s helped to entice him to visit the bottom a lot. But it still looks very bare! And I can’t figure out how to attach toys at the bottom other than attaching them to the side. :shrug:
I'm gonna try attaching stuff I wanna hang to something that's already hanging such as the boing or ball in the centre. Also I had an idea for the corners - perhaps tying some twine across the sides to create a hanging spot! But sides are good too :)