• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does yours say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Well the title pretty much sums it up LOL

but For those of us with Quakers If yours talks/mimics what do they say?

Billy - Age - 14yrs Male as far as we know

When he talks for the most part Everything is said in context

Peek A Boo -Came to us saying it
Billy - Came to us saying it
C'mer
C'mer Billy
Watcha' doing
Awww
Scratch(es)
Pretty bird (Just started this one Caught him on video!)
kiss
Makes kissing sounds
Makes water drop sounds
Barks like a small dog(the yappy kind of barking) -came to use doing that one
Clucks like a chicken- Learned it around the 3rd week of being with us
Quacks like a duck - Learned it around the 3rd week of being here
Stop it - Fairly recently learned it.
Screams like a girl - does this when he and the b/f is playing his favorite game of "squash billy"
if you ask him how my daughter chews gum he makes loud smacking sounds and it is how she chews gum LOL
That's right - been saying this one for the last few months
What - but his is strung out so its more like whaaaaaaaaaat - been saying it for the last few months
HaHa - so far he's said it once a few months back after I said it and left the room
Sorry
nite
nite-nite
love you - doesn't say it often - but its not said in our house often so can't expect much
laughs
Evil laugh
and one I call his Rolly Polly Laugh because he puts his whole body into the laugh and he just looks like a Rolly Polly LOL

he made up his own song last winter - he was on his tree stand and danced with his shadow repeating "love you" over and over then every now and then he'd holler out "Phyllis" I'm thinking that's the girls moms name we got him from he'll also just come out of the blue and say "hey Phyllis" or just "phyllis"

i am sure i am forgetting some stuff, but he's our "closet talker" some times he'll babble on for ages other times about all we here is Peek a Boo and a few that's right 's LOL and he does mumble a lot but can't make out what he is saying

Gumby - Female - 19 yrs old Doesn't say much and not in context like Billy

Step up - she'll say it over and over and For anything and every thing
Makes Water drop sounds
Gives kisses
makes kissing noises

Duke & Duchess - Male & Female 1 1/2 yrs old
NOTTA thing YET! but they do have the Screaming down pat, specially if your in the bird room "THEIR ROOM" LOL

So what do your Quakers say/sounds made?

I also noticed not much goes on on the Quaker Cause way it was only one page long :(

P.S. When we were talking to the Breeder we got duke and duchess from - we started talking to him back in 2007 he was surprised at how Billy was still learning new words and doing it pretty quick, for his age(at the time he was 12) - so just goes to show you can teach ole' dogs new tricks ;)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: I had no idea t hey were that talkative..wow

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
yours are quit talkative
Rocky says
cracker and if he does not get one
cracker now
good boy
hello
and Baby calling for Baby our Nanday conure his best friend
she is not so talkative

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
we call billy our closet Talker LOL hardly ever will he talk when we have company

on a few occasions he did make the kids' friends happy and said Peek a Boo for them but mainly he just squawks and screams when people are here lol

I just wish he wouldn't stop when he saw the camera would be a lot easier to get him on video I have several waiting to be uploaded to photo bucket, but the aiming is on the walls, and the tree stand LOL because i have to hide from him

prettyinpink

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
Mine laughs... she's working on the kissing noises and thank you
She's also picking up on yeah -- when she shakes her head

hoose

Moving in
Jake is my quaker, and he has become the talker to .He can say hello , i love you what ! and a few more.:cool1:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Keiko says..

Hello
Charlie
Peek-A-Boo
Step-Up
Up
Good Bye
Shut Up
Wanker
Kiss
Scratch
Keiko
Dance
What
Good Boy
Hahahahaha (evil laugh)

Last edited:

crazyanimal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
Buddy, my quaker was 5 years old when I adopted him. He didn't know much other then one or two phrases. He doesn't seem interested in learning much either but he does say:

Watcha doin'
Step up
Want some help
Peek a boo
I love you
Hello
Wanna step up
Good boy
Bye Bye

He will qwack like a duck
Makes water dripping sound
Siren sound
If I ask him if it is good, he'll go "mmmmm"

Olllie_the_QP

Moving in
Real Name
Melissa
Ollie LOVE to ramble with the best of them. The best time to catch him speaking loads is early afternoon or right before bed - it's hilarious. Although he does speak a lot in context which has always impressed me.

- Are you a good boy?
- Good boy
- I love you (his favorite saying of choice)
- Hi Ollie
- I'm a Quaker
- Quak-ER
- Thank you (rare - he onlys uses his manners at the bird sitter's house)
- Do you wanna come out? (Used to say it whenever I opened his door with his foot up in the air for him to step up, haven't heard it in awhile)
- Up up
- Come on (he only does this to mock me when I tell him to step up and he doesn't want too - he taunts me - UP UP, COME ON, UP UP)
- Okay (whenever you are on the phone, having a conversation in another room or even when we talk to the speaker at the drive through - he says OKAY, OKAY, over and over)
- Muah (fake kisses)
- Ready? (says this in between kisses or when I cover his head for Peek-a-boo)
- Peek or Peek-a-boo
- Pretty Pretty Birdie (he both talks or whistles this)
- What are you doing?
- Can I kiss your beak? (haven't heard this in awhile either)
- Annie - out! (this is when he is telling my 87lb Lab cross to get out of the kitchen - he learned this from my parents)
- Wolf whistle
- Come here whistle
- Water droplet sound
- Rolls his tongue if you blow raspberries at him - he can't do it very loud and always shakes his head when he does it
- Both my dad's laugh and my sister's laugh - especially if he hears laughing on the radio or TV.
- Fake little kiss sound after he touches you and pulls away with his beaker - he can't quite figure out how to make the sound while he is "kissing" my hand or cheek
- I tried to teach him the Quaker song, but he isn't very good at it only remembers the first and last words in each bar

That is all that I can remember for now. He's pretty quick at learning things if I am persistent with him over the course of 3-5 days.

And yes, he screeches a lot (especially when I leave the room or he doesn't get what he wants), and he also does this low grumbling screech I call angry noise when he is scared.

They are fun little birds if you can handle the noise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.