• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what do your birds do

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
when you go out for the day what does your bird or birds do .
when i go out mango dosent eat or play like today , i came home after 9 hrs away his food wasnt touched either were his toys he pooped but was sitting on the sleep perch no other place was there poop. cage was as i left him
hadent planed on being gone that long but was directed wrong as to pet shop.
what can i do to get him used to being on his own and no cant if home as his screems will get us both put out of apt
i made sure he had a sp bk today so he would eat , but even left his egg alone which he loves

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
There is no way for me to really know, but Blazey is almost always either preening or sleeping when I come home, so I assume thats what he does LOL.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
When I leave Boomer and Chiquita talk to each other. They keep each other company and I also leave the TV on for them. Boomer used to scream when I left the room, he was abused and hated when I left so I just called back and she stopped. When I used to go out she would scream in terror, again I think from the abuse.

Things you can do to help and what I did.

Left some foraging toys in the cage to keep them busy.
Left new toys in the cage. I rotate toys.
I leave them with a special treat like a seed ball or a honey stick that keeps them busy for a while .
I also leave the TV or radio on for them. Usually the TV because they like it. On the radio I use a disk with bird sounds on it.

RandomWiktor

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ren
I can't know for sure, but by the looks of it, they play. Whenever I'm not home to let them out and or interact with them I generally come home to some seriously trashed toys.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I leave the TV on to their favorite station and they stop screaming in about ten minutes and start to play I always tell them I am leaving and that I will be back and about how long I will be gone

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I used to leave the TV on but have had my cable turned off for almost a year. I decided I needed to do something more valuable with my time LOL. I regret it some days and some days I dont, oh well. One of these days I want to record Blazey and what he does while im gone... just for fun LOL

Kathy

I've left my sound recorder on to see what happens.. Sometimes Sporty talks a while then all is quiet so I believe they are sleeping. Though I don't go out all that often.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
I've left my sound recorder on to see what happens.. Sometimes Sporty talks a while then all is quiet so I believe they are sleeping. Though I don't go out all that often.

Oh I would love to tape them to see what there up too. lol. I should video tape them when I leave. I don't go out often either. I can't work due to a lot of health problems so my birdies and animals get my full attention all day long.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ruby will play, eat and sleep when she's confined in her cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.