• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do you put in your buffet balls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsunconure

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raymond :]
I have almonds, pistachios, dried corn, and Nutripellets and some wooden pieces. But what else should I put? I know I'm going to add crinkled paper for sure! Any other good ideas? I recently got one from Kathie (Thank you! <3 The buffet ball is HUGE.) and Fafa wasn't scared of it at first sight. He actually tried to lick the plastic. Thanks guys! :D

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I just got one from Kathie for my SC Nicky, too, so I'll be watching this post, too:)

Chicklet

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jamie
I put fresh fruits and veggies in mine for Briar, it's dishwasher safe so I just run it through the dishwasher after I use it. Same as veggies in a bowl, I only leave it in the cage for a couple hours :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Only beehive wooden :)beads in ours.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Kiwi isn't foood driven, so there are very few foods he is willing to work for. I usually put dehydrated papaya and pineapple, Crasins, and Bountiful Harvest in mine. That's about all Kiwi is willing to work to get. :hehe:

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
ooh...how do buffet balls work?

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Kiwi isn't foood driven, so there are very few foods he is willing to work for. I usually put dehydrated papaya and pineapple, Crasins, and Bountiful Harvest in mine. That's about all Kiwi is willing to work to get. :hehe:

Good ideas--it sounds just like what Nicky might actually 'work' for. He'd probably do ANYTHING for a pine nut, but I save those for trick training. Never thought of crasins, thanks:)

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
You can do fruits and veggies, or I also do, shelled nuts (they CAN get them out, piece by piece), shredded paper, coconut fiber, wooden and plastic beads, cut in half popsicle sticks, cut into third bamboo shredders, organic dried fruit, Q tips, and any other small toys or treats I have lying around. Those are great because you can fit almost anything in there! Although big boy Picaso just used his giant beak to pry open the ball, instead of actually foraging. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.