• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do i do if my cockatiel laid a egg where it cant stay

Hannah!

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hannah
She has been trying to lay eggs in spots they can't stay and I don't know what to do about it

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Spots where?

Hannah!

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hannah
Like under my bed and behind the door and stuff like that

Hannah!

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hannah
I've tried just moving them a little to a better spot but then she doesn't want them

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Just put them on the cage floor and try to stop your bird from accessing hiding places like under your bed, behind the door etc- allowing access to these hiding spots can be increasing her desire to lay which you really want to settle down as tiels are known to be chronic egg layers and egg laying should not be encouraged as it is hard on your birds system.

Hannah!

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hannah
Just put them on the cage floor and try to stop your bird from accessing hiding places like under your bed, behind the door etc- allowing access to these hiding spots can be increasing her desire to lay which you really want to settle down as tiels are known to be chronic egg layers and egg laying should not be encouraged as it is hard on your birds system.
Ok and I'm always blocking her from the spots but she still somehow gets back there

Elizabeth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Just wanted to say that your girl is gorgeous and looks so happy in your avatar pic! What a beautiful crest.

Also dealing with a broody cockatiel and my GCC’s usual hormonal BS. As soon as those days start getting longer…