• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What could cause one "pink" dropping a day?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So, let me start by saying, Elvis coincidentally has a vet appointment tonight for a nail trim. So I will ask my vet about this but wanted to get your thoughts in the meantime. As the heading says, Elvis has been having one pinkish dropping a day for about a week. I check his droppings throughout the day and they're fine. But when we play "catch" at night and he is flying and rolling, etc. he normally goes to the bathroom twice. The first is normal. The second has been white with a reddish color in it. Now he does have Higgins In Tune pellets which have some red ones in it. But if it was the pellets wouldn't more of his droppings be discolored? I'm concerned that it's blood. Could there be something internal that when he overly exerts himself he bleeds? When I check his cage in the morning, his droppings look normal again. I was able to show the fiance one last night and he thought it might be blood too. Besides that, Elvis is completely acting normal.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No idea but keep us informed.

We love Elvis too.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Good on you for catching a once-a-day weird poop! :thumbsup: Does he have a red wood toy that he chews & might be ingesting some of it?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Try to snag a sample and keep it for the vet tonight?
I'm kicking myself that I didn't save last night's. I have to take him to the vet's before his evening play session. So I doubt I'll be able to get one before I go.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Good on you for catching a once-a-day weird poop! :thumbsup: Does he have a red wood toy that he chews & might be ingesting some of it?
He chews wood blocks pretty regularly but I don't think he's had consistently red ones this week. Good idea though. I'm hoping it's nothing but I am getting a little worried.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope it’s easy to figure out and that it turns out to be something simple!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
All is well with Elvis. :) The vet thinks that because he's playing so hard (flying down to the floor, sliding, rolling, etc) that he's breaking some small capillaries in his cloaca (good call @Mizzely :) ). He's says it's nothing to worry about. He said if he would start having pink dropping at other times, to bring him back in and they'll have to do testing but he felt that based on my description of everything and seeing Elvis that that was what was going on.

Oh, and this was Elvis's first vet visit without me being able to go in with him. Part way through, the vet tech came outside and said Elvis was entertaining everyone. Imagine that. LOL. She said he was hopping to everyone, saying, 'hi' and that they were actually video taping him. The little ham. :rolleyes: Later, the vet came out and was laughing over Elvis too. But he said he looks great. So that made me happy.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:hlycw: Holy cow, Elvis! You must be playing crazy hard!! smiley2024.gif :twist::bounce2::pillowfight::penguin::dance2::auntiegg::FFIGHT:

@sunnysmom :besafe: :bighug:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:hlycw: Holy cow, Elvis! You must be playing crazy hard!! View attachment 355553 :twist::bounce2::pillowfight::penguin::dance2::auntiegg::FFIGHT:

@sunnysmom :besafe: :bighug:
He does. Crazy hard. LOL. I need to get a video of it sometime. And it's ALL he wants to do. Play, play, play when he's out. I used to say I get to give him scritches for maybe 5 minutes a day. Now that's down to 5 seconds. I get to run my finger over his head like once and then he's gone. Granted, he wants me to play with him. But he just wants to play.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so glad it’s nothing serious. What a cutie making everybody laugh!:xflove: They’ll have to share the videos with you. Elvis is such a happy bird!:heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I’m so glad it’s nothing serious. What a cutie making everybody laugh!:xflove: They’ll have to share the videos with you. Elvis is such a happy bird!:heart:
Yes, he is. :xflove: I just got off the phone with cassiesdad, telling him about Elvis's escapades. He laughed.