• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What can I feed my budgies if I run out of seeds?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Don’t be holier than thou on this thread please. Offer advice on food or obtaining food or don’t post.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Don’t know if this is an option, but any farms in your area that might have chickens, where you might ask for a bit of grain? Not sure if how good the grain would be as I know it’s different but it is seed based and only for a few days to supplement all the other great suggestions offered....

sorry you are in a predicament..

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Chicken grain on farms, depending on where you live could be soya and bone based these days, and pumped full of steroids. Best to avoid.

Reactions: tka

kingkrab

Moving in
My mom is currently really poor and can't afford seeds for 14 days, im almost ran out and I don't know what to do. What can I feed them???

Edit:they don't eat alot of veggies, but they eat chopped carrots and cucumbers
Give them cooked rice, cooked corn, cooked peas, carrots & cucumbers. They may be malnutritioned if they’re only on a seed diet. I’m sorry your mom can’t afford their food but if you have some of the foods I mentioned please try giving them some. If they don’t eat them at first, keep trying. When they’re hungry enough they’ll eat.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@fancydance How are you getting on? Did you manage to find a solution? I hope you´re doing ok

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sometimes when you write in to pet food companies like Lafeber, they'll send you free samples of their food so that your birds can try it! If you can get a couple samples from a few retailers, you can probably stretch them out to last a bit. :) I hope things get more stable for you soon!