• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What are your birds' favorite foods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
....an does it change from day to day?

My birds seem to go through phases. Like one week, they LOVED beans (15 bean mix, cooked). Then, they tired of it.

Another week, it was REDPEPPERS. My Sam couldn't get enough of it, but then she tired of that too.

Funny how they go through phases like that.

Gertie loves EGGS (though I give sparingly), and that never changes.
She likes tasting bits of whatever we are eating.
Tofu and plain yogurt are also favorites.

I guess they just like VARIETY.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Yes, the key to a good diet for birds is variety!:) My birds diet includes Zupreem Pellets, some seed, fresh veggies/fruits, birdy bread, a bean/rice mix, and some people food, as well as sprouted seeds. My birds get a bean/rice mix several times a week, I smash a banana in their rice/bean mix, while the rice is still hot and the banana melts, LOL! That is the only way they will eat a banana, LOL! . They also get apples, cucumbers, Zucchini, squash, pumpkin, green beans, peas, carrots, etc, but it varies from week to week, usually.

nutzybirdlady

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Judy Rocha
I've always used Lafeber's Pellets, and of course Nutri-berry's as a treat, but Breakfast can be a number of things, like plain oatmeal with sauted apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon, or parrot pancakes, or just fresh fruits, eggies once a week, or organic peanutbutter spead on a warm slice of toast. However when it comes to eggies or parrot pancakes, it is so quiet in the house, hmmmmmm wonder why, LOL! Lunch time is usually fresh veggies and fruit. Supper is usually a mix from Parrotnutz, Geeeeee, I think these guys eat better than I do :lol:!

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Are spices good for parrots? Which ones?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
All my guys love corn and scrambled eggs, those are two things guaranteed that any of them will take :) Cash LOVES pomegranate and papaya. Cyan loves carrots (one of the only birds I have that actually likes them).

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Einstein loves sweet potatoes and almonds at the moment, he likes the bean/pasta mix but I think is tiring of it. We tried the crazy corn noddles and nuts but he wasn't to fond of it. Mo really doesn't have a favorite, he thinks he should eat whatever Einstein is eating lol. Wally likes the Zupreem fruit pellets.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Lucy LOVES nuts. She will eat any kind of nut and she will drop anything if she sees one. She also really love cinamon cou cous.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Malachi, Severe Macaw-Loves grapes, and veggie soup so far.
Reba, Ekkie-Loves grapes and vinella waffers, apples
Marie Antoinette-Loves grapes

Suns, Crash and Penny love apples and papaya

Quakers, Kiwi and Cory love strawberrys and watermelon!

They all LOVE the mini bites cheeze its. There are super small and they will wrestle me to the ground for a couple HAHAHA:rofl:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:My parrot enjoy cayenne pepper mixed in with their cooked food. Emma loves squash, oatmeal, sweet potato and my homemade birdiemash. They also love all kinds of nuts, mangos, pommies and plain unsalted rice cakes. Recently I discovered that she likes a taste of mashed potato.

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
Well when i inherited my Sun Sunny - she was an oatmeal addict (for 7 years!) Now shes a pellet and dried papya hound, birdie breads and noodles are always a hit (literally the only time shes quiet) and simple cooked grains

Felix - peas, peppers, bread, beak appetiet
Im not sure about the fosters yet.. but a guess would be Alex - anything i am about to consume
Spicoli, anything i eat and set down (he then thinks MINE! gotta get it and fast!) But they are pellet addicts too

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
Jacob will do anything for a sunflower seed so I use that as a treat for training. Food wise, he always likes apples and bananas, and seeds. His daily diet consists of fruit salat in the morning and he always has access to harrisons pellets. For lunch he gets a piece of home baked bread (he's not fond of the birdie bread I made for him, but loves the human bread) and for dinner he will get about a table spoon of organic seed mix. Sometimes I make a batch of cooked barley and lentils and mix it with vegetables. He never eats much of it, if anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.