• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What are your birds eating today?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
View attachment 437393

Chop for today: Endive (Cichorium endivia, the green one), Belgian endive (the white/yellow one), radish greens, yellow bellpepper, red radish, hemp seed, star anise and their seed mix.
Forgot to take a photo while they were eating, next time beter! :bliss:
Would definitely like to see a picture of your babies

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Bebe's breakfast was 10grams of Bento box: mashed sweet potatoes with chunk of sweet potato, birdy glop;brown rice, steel cut oats, quinoa, split green and yellow peas and worldly cuisine inca bead salad. plus cashew half broken in little pieces.

HabibiMom

Sitting on the front steps
Our two ringnecks favorite foods are baby guava (before they become large and ripe, they like them when they are still hard, a bit under-ripe and hard), and green string beans, and coconut sprinkles, parsley and a dehydrated strawberry. They like to pick at the strawberry to pull the seeds off of it to forage. I've tried to give them fresh ones too, but they much on the fresh ones, and forage on the dehydrated ones. Seems they do different things with the different types. But nothing beats the Guava. The ringnecks fly in the wild here, and guava trees are here in the wild also, and it's their favorite trees, and favorite fruits by far. You can find 100s of ringnecks in guava trees here. They love to nibble the seeds first, then eat the outer fruit. The green beans are their next favorite. They get moody if I don't give them one or the other. They will throw a fit if they don't see one of them in their food bowl daily.

Attachments

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Bebe got his breakfast early becuz we are eating early dinner today. Birdy bento box with added walnut pieces and half cashew.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
It's berry day!
Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, rainbow swiss chard and celery, and peas and green beans added later
IMG_20231125_082032282.jpg

aidan16

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aidan
Na'ringa is eating my homemade chop mix (includes spring mix, kale, cauliflower, carrots, green beans, dry oats and dry quinoa- used recipe from tiktok), 2 scoops zupreem naturals and 1 scoop seed mix, shes been growing like a sprout!!

20231126_095307.jpg 20231126_095333(0).jpg
20231126_095439.jpg

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Isadora ate a grape!

I had to hold though, she didn't want to touch it. Tteok is trying to chew on the stem, Kimchi won't even lick it.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Oven baked bites , I buy the bigger size the quakers like to hold them to eat. I break them up for my green Cheek conure to eat, and then break them even smaller and budgies eat. I don't have the bag anymore, but I'm happy with the ingredients. And all my flock enjoys them !
IMG_20231204_173355330_MP.jpg
Action shot, yum yum
IMG_20231204_173354154_MP.jpg
Harder to show in Ta-dah beak , but seeing is believing
IMG_20231204_173314322_MP.jpg i IMG_20231204_173238091_MP.jpg
Will work on getting seeing is believing with budgies later. They climb in the bowl so a little more difficult proof pics

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
@Jharpsss there’s some amazing ideas for fresh veggies on here

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Ha was just going to link!! Great minds! I also browse through the posts for inspiration for mine!
Me too I bought cranberries yesterday on your advise hehe :xflove:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

Remi enjoying his veggies and a bit of pink :heart:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Bebe's Christmas breakfast 9 grams of Bento box with PB, pumpkin, oatmeal parrot tidbit and nurtiberry for dessert.