• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What am I, chopped liver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
Hi. Yodit here. For those of you who don't know me, this is me:

Yes, yes. I know. I *am* an angel. You speak the truth.

But I'm not here to state the obvious. The reason I hijacked Emily's computer for a bit is because I think she needs a little help. See, she's been so caught up in showing you videos and telling you stories about my new flockmate, Archie. And she's always spent a lot of time talking about those loudmouth Ekkies in the other room, Bayu and Cah'ya. And she's been writing about Ernie in the Pionus forum. And even when she's on the Poi forum, she's talking about my BHP friend, Zuma, and how much he loves her boyfriend, Chuck. But does she talk about ME? Hardly! This is an obvious oversight on her part, so I'm here to correct her mistake.

See, what you may not realize (you are only human, after all, and therefore your observational skills and intuition are not perfect) is that I am no ordinary bird. Emily named me Yodit after the Queen of Sheba because I am the queen of all Ethiopian birds, Red Bellied Parrots and otherwise! In addition to my stunning beauty -

(See what I mean?) - I am also extremely smart, funny, sweet, and am quite the diplomat.

I have an adorable voice and use it to call Emily's attention to me. I give kisses and allow people to give me kisses and scritches (you're welcome, humans). I am very smart and figure out how to vanquish all of my foraging toys. I am an AMAZING flyer, and like to do so a lot. I can hover, back up, and turn entire 360 degree circles in mid-air. I've heard that some humans claim that only hummingbirds can back up in flight, but I have clearly proven them wrong! But the very most special thing about me is that I am an ambassador bird! I assist Emily in classes she teaches about bird ownership, and also when she goes to children's groups to teach them about birds. I am missing one eye and one toe (which is a good thing, because if I was any more fabulous I'd be too fabulous for humans' fragile hearts to handle!), so I also teach children that it's better than ok to be different--it's preferred!

Here I am, kissing one of my young students:

And here's one of my super cute baby pictures, showing off the missing eye that brings my cuteness down to a level that is safe for human absorption. No cardiac arrests on my conscience!

So you see, I FORGIVE Emily for not mentioning me as much as the other birds. I am confident enough in my splenditude that I know it isn't because she doesn't love me as much. It's probably because if she started talking about me, she'd end up babbling on for WAY too long. I mean, I am a VERY humble bird, and look at how much I've said about myself! Can you even imagine how much SHE would say if she tried to talk about me? Really now. I'm doing you all a favor by speaking on her behalf; otherwise you'd have to read a whole book about me. Although, that wouldn't be a bad thing!

Anyway, I guess I'll let Emily have her computer back now. I'm off to get my beauty sleep so that I can continue being spectacular tomorrow! Farewell, human adorers! Kisses to you all!

kastelling

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
YODIT!! :swoon: You can leave her to me in your will. :lol:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
You are right Yodit. You are spectacular.

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
YODIT!! :swoon: You can leave her to me in your will. :lol:
Well, Megan, I don't really know WHY you'd want to take Emily when (IF) I die. She's kind of loud, messy, obnoxious, and flighty (I mean, HELLO, she forgot to talk about me all the time. Sure sign of a featherbrain!). But if you want her, I'll be happy to leave her to you in my will.

kastelling

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
Well, Megan, I don't really know WHY you'd want to take Emily when (IF) I die. She's kind of loud, messy, obnoxious, and flighty (I mean, HELLO, she forgot to talk about me all the time. Sure sign of a featherbrain!). But if you want her, I'll be happy to leave her to you in my will.
:rofl::rofl:

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwwww, Yodit, you are so adorable! :heart:

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
Yodit says "Thanks!" and did a pretty curtsy for you.

newatthistx

Real Name
Michele
What a beautiful Yodit you have :heart:....... and what a wondeful way he has of discribing himself through you ( I mean your computer :o: )......

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Yodit, you are SPECTACULAR!!!!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Who letted all da huumans in here? Dont yous know how to read da rules?

Rule:
Hi all U cute widdle birdies. It's Me, Miss Ruuuuubbbby! All us birdies gots together and 'sided we wants a place to talk too here in the neyburhood wheres our humans cant comes in.

So all yous birdies come ons in, shake yous fethers (evens ifs you dont haves a lot) and come play wif us! We cans talk 'bout all kinds of stuff likes how to train our humans to doos what we wants like buy moor toys an let us chew da new furnture.

Only tings da humans say we mufs do is use their accounts an be nice to evwybody. I told dem we's can do dat!

Have fun!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Way to go Yodit we like the way you go out and train young humans about us birdies. Our humans are getting us ready to go on our sping tour. We like to go to schools and nursing homes-the older humans LOVE us SO much! Our dad talks so much about us at school,sometimes we have to go YELL in his ear-after all -WE are the stars-and WE are in charge!!!!!

Milton, Titan, Igor and Goalie

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:faint: Yodit, you are too spectacular for words! :dance4:

Cinnyluver

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Ana
:heart: You're adorable, Yodit!

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
Awww, thanks, everyone! I'm blushing!

Way to go Yodit we like the way you go out and train young humans about us birdies. Our humans are getting us ready to go on our sping tour. We like to go to schools and nursing homes-the older humans LOVE us SO much! Our dad talks so much about us at school,sometimes we have to go YELL in his ear-after all -WE are the stars-and WE are in charge!!!!!

Milton, Titan, Igor and Goalie
Alright! It's always great to meet other ambassabirds! High ten primaries, guys! :highfive:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
You are definitively one of a kind Yodit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.