• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What About This Cage?

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
cage.jpg
the guy will sell it to me for 240 tax in. the dimensions: front is 22 wide.....front to back 16 and 26 high

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very expensive for that cage!

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
I am having a heck of a time finding a cage that I like that is budget friendly..... :( I thought it was pricey.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Wayyy too expensive :(

I know your pain as a Canadian though. Watch classified ads... Kijiji is the big one. Also check out the SPCA if you have one - they might have unused cages available. That's where I got mine from :)

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Sherbie has a suitable cage, thank goodness.... beside Odin's castle, it looks quite sad.... LOL. I am sure it is fine, I just want her to have a bigger one. I think that the dimensions for her current cage are about 24x 24 and about 28 high. Likely the same size, I got it free.

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
I have the same problem, i'd like to find a bigger for Olive but it's difficult finding one with the correct bar spacing. Her cage right now is large enough, but i would like her to have more space for when we aren't home. I can afford it, just can't find it! Let me know if you find anything suitable and i'll do the same.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I bought a large flight cage for $100 or $120 off of kijiji. Check the site in the area where you live you will find some great deals.

Buy or Sell Pet Accessories in Toronto (GTA) | Pets | Kijiji Classifieds

You'll usually find cages advertized where they sell birds on the kijiji site.

Adopt Local Birds in Toronto (GTA) | Pets | Kijiji Classifieds

Adopt Local Birds in Toronto (GTA) | Pets | Kijiji Classifieds

You can also shop on Amazon.ca the canadian site there are loads of affordable large cages there.

Amazon.ca: bird cages: Pet Supplies

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I have the same problem, i'd like to find a bigger for Olive but it's difficult finding one with the correct bar spacing. Her cage right now is large enough, but i would like her to have more space for when we aren't home. I can afford it, just can't find it! Let me know if you find anything suitable and i'll do the same.
What size spacing could you use? There is a lady in Blue Island Illinois, Barb, who has a powder coated Expandable Habitats cage for sale. She says the spacing is 1" and says the cage is 36" x 24 but I don't think that is accurate I think it is more like 24 x 24. The company no longer makes the powder coated cages and I don't think she realized when she directs people to look at the current prices on the EH website, those prices are for the stainless steel cages they only sell now. If this is the proper spacing and size, consider this cage

eBay Classifieds: View Large Image

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie