• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Went on the cage floor and wobbly

Clown.C0ff

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jess
I'm sorry to always come back with bad news. I woke up this morning because Alba jumped on the cage floor and sat there and so I got up to check and took her out. She could barely fly and she walks wobbly and her wings are dropping. I have taken her to the vet so many times in the past month and it seems like they just blindly prescribe antibiotics because they can't see any issue with her. I've done baytril and something else I have to find which she's still on but it's in her water because I struggle to give her oral meds. She was doing fine and getting better and now this again
It keeps happening over and over and it's so mentally draining and financially straining. It's Sunday and the only option I have is an expensive emergency vet 50 min away which I have work and I can't keep calling out and I don't know. My mom will watch her for the time I'm out but what if I get home and it's too late. I work a job that needs somebody there at all times, and I'd be the only person until I'm off. I've taken her to the vet so many times
first she felt sick then she had seeds in her poop and the antibiotics she's taking now is for the seeds in her droppings then her droppings got better but now she's sick all over again. It's like I feel like I'm doing something wrong, I'm trying as hard as I can but I don't know how many more vet visits I can keep doing. She's sitting on my thigh right now because she can barely walk and her wings are separated from her sides as if she is struggling to breathe. I'm so worried snd stressed it feels like at this point I just can't do anything anymore I feel so defeated but the idea of losing her is the worst thing imaginable. I genuinely feel like I can't live without her

Attachments

Clown.C0ff

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jess
She doesn't have an appetite now, I tried to give her millet and she's not eating. The emergency vet is expensive and my mom won't let me take her and I have work in an hour. I'm trying to keep her warm and steady