• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Well....she's home!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Sweet! Free alarm clock! :D
He won't be there long. As soon as he gets his new cage he'll be moving back to the living room (which is where he was yesterday). We are confusing the poor thing but he doesn't seem to care :roflmao:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
He´ll bounce back, don´t worry. I´m sure he´ll be fine once settled in his living room :)

Also, I make silly comments but Nube woke me at 8.30am yesterday when I only got to sleep at 7am and I was not happy so I know the feeling of being woken.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Incidentally I do often wonder about moving bird cages round on the regular. Sometimes I move their cage out of the room to clean the floors, or if I'm doing a video lesson. But do you think it would be too much to do it on the regular? For example, occasionally have them in the living room for a few hours every now and then, give them a change of scenery?

Reactions: Ali

clarousel

Iris has officially crossed the line...

He woke me up! Nobody ever wakes me up (all the humans are too scared to :roflmao: ). He played with his toys for the first time! All the toys he has to play with, he chooses the only one that makes any noise.

Thanks Iris...
So cute though heehee. He sounds like he's settling really well :)

He´ll bounce back, don´t worry. I´m sure he´ll be fine once settled in his living room :)

Also, I make silly comments but Nube woke me at 8.30am yesterday when I only got to sleep at 7am and I was not happy so I know the feeling of being woken.
How do your birds wake up? I've been wondering this for a while. Sometimes I just hear Preeno moving around or talking quietly/making some really quiet chirps.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think some nice jangly stainless steel toys would go down a treat! All the better for waking you up :D

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Incidentally I do often wonder about moving bird cages round on the regular. Sometimes I move their cage out of the room to clean the floors, or if I'm doing a video lesson. But do you think it would be too much to do it on the regular? For example, occasionally have them in the living room for a few hours every now and then, give them a change of scenery?
This is a good technique for reducing laying. I vote, it´s a good thing :)

How do your birds wake up?
Flock calling at sun up.
I had Nube in my bedroom and the window was open and the shutter was up, so the sun came in at 8/8.30. And though the others were in the dark in the living room, they woke up because he was calling.
If I drop the sun shutter at night, they are silent until I uncover them. I think they may wake before I uncover them sometimes, but they don´t flock call.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How do your birds wake up? I've been wondering this for a while. Sometimes I just hear Preeno moving around or talking quietly/making some really quiet chirps.
There are two ways depending on the birds' moods...if I'm lucky Jeff literally just bursts into song all at once, then I wake up really happy and smiling...

If I'm unlucky they wake up grumpy and yelling to be let out...there's no inbetween...except silence during molting :rolleyes:

Oh I never considered that extra advantage! The only thing that puts me off is the living room is open and connected to our balcony which is usually wide open to let in the fresh air. My downstairs neighbours smoke, and the smell of cigarettes (or weed!) will drift up and I have to wheel them back in. Plus during summer there are so many barbeques as well.

clarousel

Flock calling at sun up.
I had Nube in my bedroom and the window was open and the shutter was up, so the sun came in at 8/8.30. And though the others were in the dark in the living room, they woke up because he was calling.
If I drop the sun shutter at night, they are silent until I uncover them. I think they may wake before I uncover them sometimes, but they don´t flock call.
Omg those sun shutters!!! I stayed at a friend's in Andorra and he had them. I slept till 1pm the next day :roflmao:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Omg those sun shutters!!
I used to call them apocalypse shutters, but I have been told I should stop saying that. :o:

I'm assuming their cages are covered?
I cover all my birds for bed because I sit in the living room until late. I drop the shutter before I go get in bed.

clarousel

I used to call them apocalypse shutters, but I have been told I should stop saying that. :o:

I cover all my birds for bed because I sit in the living room until late. I drop the shutter before I go get in bed.
They are pretty heavy duty looking! I was shocked when I first saw them! Never seen anything like it!

I hope it's normal that Preeno isn't loud when he wakes up? :confused:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Omg those sun shutters!!! I stayed at a friend's in Andorra and he had them. I slept till 1pm the next day :roflmao:
Those things are magic! They top me from waking up at 6 in the morning! :roflmao:

I never fully close them because I like to wake up early :lol:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Kiwi and Blizzard will talk to the outside birds before I uncover them, but no one in my house cares about their flock calls, it's their morning scream fest that I have to postpone.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If I go to bed any later than midnight, I'll wake up an hour or two EARLIER than normal
Me too :lol:

I'm usually asleep by 11, then awake as early as 5 depending on the weather (on a cloudy day, I wake up later)

We're hijacking this thread :lol: