• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well I made it ...

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Its been almost 3 months since I brought home my white ball of fire and he is doing so much better ...The screaming has almost stopped unless my daughter is around ..he just loves her so he screams for her allot ..but other than that he hardly screams at all ....which is such a nice turn around ...he still bites on occasion but its mostly when he is playing his lil games ..like I dont want to step up or step down and the ever great game of can you lock my cage before I bit you ....he has taken to trashing his dishes and throwing them all over his cage so we are trying new ways of keeping them in their holders but I think he is slowly getting tired of that game ..which is good because it is very hard to keep them in their holders Toos are very smart ....he seems to not to want to come out of his cage very much when its out of cage time lately but I think hes molting now and a lil grumpy ..over all he is doing really well and seems to be settling in ..thank god the screaming has lessened ...we are all grateful for that mom really wanted to cook the bird :)

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Its great you made such progress! I hope you continue to do so. I think you will :)
I had problems with Echo when I got him, mostly just biting. But now he's such a good bird! Its almost been a year since he has bitten me. I'm so please with the progress we have make.

So keep up the good work! Yeah there will be the occasional set backs but it's so worth the time and energy. While difficult cockatoos can made great strides when in the right home :)

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:wow:that is great news

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. I was trying to take a nap yesterday afternoon because I wasn't feeling great and the 'toos and YNA decided to do their round robin of screaming and yelling "Help" and "No" and whatever else Shannon, YNA, likes to shout. It's almost as if they knew and didn't want to let me rest. :D
Great that Harley/Ghost has settled down. Keno, my Gofffin's doesn't remove her dishes but my BFA, Casey, likes to take the bowl holders off of the cage doors and I will find bowl and holder hanging at an angle or on the bottom of the cage.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
They are very different birds to keep ...but I have found that he has fit into the rest of the flock with a few quarks here and there ...he likes to get his snuggles but isn't a klingon though he likes to jump me some times ....hehehe...he has figured out the latest food dish holder so on to the next ....my daughter asked me if I regretted getting him ...I told her not anymore I did about a month into it when he was screaming his heart out ...but now he is learning that screaming doesn't get him anything ...Toos are hard to keep in the beginning...I think they are very emotional creatures who have a very strong mind of their own and if they arent treated well as they are growing they have a very hard time dealing with it later in life more so than most birds that's why people have issues keeping them ....I think/hope lil Ghost was treated ok over the last 13yrs because he is responding well to how we live here and seems happy ...I am very happy he has taken to life here so well and that his screaming issues have calm down to a livable level and so is the rest of my family ...it would be nice if every person that had a Too really wanted a Too and let them be the birds they are meant to be ....because I really didn't do anything to get Ghost to stop screaming ,biting or being a demon ...I just kinda let him be himself and gave him a lil bit of focus with rewards ...I'm sure there will be set backs but that's ok all we have is time to figure it out :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Good stuff. It takes about a year for everything to find its place.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Great update!! :dance4:I'm so glad things have settled down a bit!:starshower1:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm glad to hear he is settling in and screaming a lot less. :) I really felt for you that first while!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad things are going better. They're such smart little birds. I'm constantly trying to figure out new ways to keep Elvis entertained. I just ordered some parrot nuts and bolts for him to unscrew. I'll let you know if he likes them. Too bad our goffins couldn't have a play date. :)

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I'm glad things are going better. They're such smart little birds. I'm constantly trying to figure out new ways to keep Elvis entertained. I just ordered some parrot nuts and bolts for him to unscrew. I'll let you know if he likes them. Too bad our goffins couldn't have a play date. :)
Yeah wouldnt that be something ..I have tried the nuts and bolts for Ghost he is still looking at them and wondering what to do with them ..with everything he takes apart you would think he would get them ..lol ;)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah wouldnt that be something ..I have tried the nuts and bolts for Ghost he is still looking at them and wondering what to do with them ..with everything he takes apart you would think he would get them ..lol ;)
Depends on what he is interested in and he probably isn't interested in them right now. Took a long time for Keno to start to use the stainless steel canister I purchased for her. Then when she became interested she didn't only unscrew the top of it to get treats but she took the entire thing apart.