• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well . . . I know for absolute certain that Java is a male

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not that I had much of a doubt, but lately his little 'bird part' has been poking out at random intervals. I was told that Vasa breeding season ends around July, but I guess the meds have him in some kind of 'mood'. I know there's nothing to be concerned about, but I'm wondering if there's a way to discourage that. As clumsy as he is, I'd hate for him to get it caught on something or scrape it against the cage bars.
There aren't many Vasa owners around, but I'll gladly take any advice on how to discourage this and ensure he doesn't hurt himself.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just found out from another Vasa owner that he's still hormonal because of too much protein, so now I need to figure out which protein is triggering it.

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
Connor's schmeckle sometimes comes out when he's happy and sitting...
It still makes me a little embarrassed. Ah, the joys of male pets.

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
WUT. I didn't think birds had those...? Need to find the emoticon for "mind blown"!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
WUT. I didn't think birds had those...? Need to find the emoticon for "mind blown"!
Try this one :batonthehead:under the "Happy" tab of emoticons.

Thankfully I think it's only the Vasa's. I had a fleeting vision of what my flock would look like if they were Vasas. 1 male Sun, 2 male Quakers and then about 7.5 male tiels and another 7.5 male gccs. Waaaay too much schmeckle to be able to avoid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.