• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Well, he is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I believe he is a dutch blue, at least this is what I have understood this color to be. Yes, it is great to know that Maureen is interested in him. I will definitely keep you posted on how things go with him Maureen!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He is very lucky and pretty!

Matt

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
For sure! Alyssa, what are your thoughts on his coloring? Is he a dutch blue?
I don't know much about lovebird mutations but I think my Tiki is a dutch blue/sea green. From your picture, your little one has a lighter brow and a darker more blueish-purple body than Tiki. He looks kinda like Adele's new lovie. But I don't know the name of the mutation :(

KatherinesBirds

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katherine
Little Poe is really cute! I know he will be happy now that he had a permanent home. I have an 8 year old lovebird. We don't have any dogs. I hope you enjoy having him. :bpflb:

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
He is a sweetheart, and obviously feels very comfortable with you already. He must have been well cared for and loved in his previous home to be this well socialized at his age. So glad he landed in a safe and loving home :heart:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Well, I picked up a new cage for him. He was in a teeny tiny little cage. So, this one is much better for him. He was out tripping around. He is not comfortable with me at all (the picture I posted was from his previous owner). Too afraid for me to approach and have him step up to me, too afraid of the stick, but he was willing to eat some spray millet from my hand which is a great start. I managed to get the new cage set up with some of his own stuff and some new toys and natural perches. I put the millet in there and he climbed inside to eat some. Now he seems settled in there. He does pluck, but only when she moves, or when he knows they are going to move:( He has eaten, he has bathed, he seemed to like getting misted, chirping with my other birds, etc.

He is a sweetheart, and obviously feels very comfortable with you already. He must have been well cared for and loved in his previous home to be this well socialized at his age. So glad he landed in a safe and loving home :heart:

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Great new digs---he is a cutie.

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
What a cutie!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Poe is adorable.

Naiera

Real Name
Alyssa
I like his new cage. Pretty good for something quick! Nice and wide. I'm glad he has someone patient to work with him. Bet he will be comfortable in no time :hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I know, I was actually REALLY happy that Petco had this cage and that it is nice and wide, lots more space without being too overwhelming for him. I feel bad for him. I hope that he relaxes and feels comfortable soon. He seems to like it when I talk to him:)

I like his new cage. Pretty good for something quick! Nice and wide. I'm glad he has someone patient to work with him. Bet he will be comfortable in no time :hug8:

greymatron

Real Name
Nicole
He is very handsome! I hope he settles in soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.